+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really liked the challenge, and I was really happy to see Carla come out strong. But the only thing that pissed me off--as it did with many other people, I see--is that Jaime was able to avoid the judges.

My opinions of these cheftestants have drastically changed from their first appearance. Loved Tiffany in DC, but she's pretty meh here. Didn't really like Tiffani in the first season, but she's one of my favorites here and the one I'm betting on to win. I liked Fabio before, but he's annoying me now. I can go on and on with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4132157;
    I'm frustrated after this last episode. WHY IS JAMIE ON THIS SHOW??? Not competing isn't a strategy in a competition show. She should have gone in front of the judges as well as the others who lost for their team.
    When the cast was first released, I wondered why she was even there. I don't think she was particularly memorable. If they wanted to fill the female quota, there are many more formidable female chefs that this show had. One example: I was shocked that Lee Anne wasn't part of the cast. Did she deny a spot or something?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4132389;
    When the cast was first released, I wondered why she was even there. I don't think she was particularly memorable. If they wanted to fill the female quota, there are many more formidable female chefs that this show had. One example: I was shocked that Lee Anne wasn't part of the cast. Did she deny a spot or something?
    Lee Anne works for the show now. I's sure due to that she wasn't allowed to be back on. I liked her too.

I wonder why all the team members just didnt shout out--Jamie is going first as Padma announced over the speaker? Then, if she refused, I think the judges would have made her or KNOWN then and there that something was up. In fact, I wonder if production did not inform them on purpose and decided to sway the results so she wouldnt NOT go and create more drama (Im surprised there wasn't a huge fight to be honest).

Just seems strange to me. I don't recall hearing them announce that food would not be tasted once a team had been declared the winner--but I imagine if they had then people would be fighting for the last position just in case.

Something is fishy, or scallopie, around here...

Why in the world did the judges not taste the last two dishes? It was unfair that Mike was not allowed to compete for the privilege of winning and that Jamie was not forced to compete not to be up for elimination. It was unfair to Spike who was sent home even though Jamie most likely had the worst dish and literally hid behind a table to avoid being forced to compete. Just totally ridiculous of the show and the judges to run it this way.

You'd think Jamie's Dad was paying them for each week they manage not to eliminate her or something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4133093;
    Why in the world did the judges not taste the last two dishes? It was unfair that Mike was not allowed to compete for the privilege of winning and that Jamie was not forced to compete not to be up for elimination. It was unfair to Spike who was sent home even though Jamie most likely had the worst dish and literally hid behind a table to avoid being forced to compete. Just totally ridiculous of the show and the judges to run it this way.

You'd think Jamie's Dad was paying them for each week they manage not to eliminate her or something.
    I agree. They could have had everyone compete and then announce who won which round. I realize that's not how it's done in tennis, but it was unfair to Mike, who didn't get a shot at the prize and it allowed Jamie to slide by without anyone tasting her dish. I assume they were in teams of five so that the fifth dish could break a potential tie, but really, in tennis, deuce can only be broken by two points anyway. It was just dumb. If there's a reunion show, you know that's going to be brought up.

I also agree that the team should just have insisted Jamie go. They could even have held a vote and gone with majority rule. Why in the world did they all just back down when Jamie kept saying she wasn't ready? Wasn't their bizarre strategy to burn off the worst dishes first? It shouldn't have mattered what Jamie wanted, and Casey shouldn't have decided to be the bigger person. It was a team challenge. It should have been a team decision, and clearly, the majority of the team wanted Jamie to go first.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4133093;
    I thought this was a very clever challenge. There was more to it than creating the best dish and that was fun for a change.

They had to decide what order they were to present. It was clear that Jamie's dish was the worst. The team choose to put her last hoping they would win the challenge. They knew the consequences. I loved it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4133260;
    I thought this was a very clever challenge. There was more to it than creating the best dish and that was fun for a change.

They had to decide what order they were to present. It was clear that Jamie's dish was the worst. The team choose to put her last hoping they would win the challenge. They knew the consequences. I loved it.

No, Jamie was on the team where the strategy was to put their worst dish first, concede the points in that round, and then hope the other team burned off their best dish competing against their worst, so their best dishes would be competing against less accomplished dishes. It was a stupid strategy, IMO, but it was what they intended to do. They tried to get Jamie to go first, and she flat out refused. Apparently they hadn't expected the refusal or didn't want to appear to be forcing her, because they didn't then immediately call out anyone until Casey just threw herself on the proverbial sword, because someone had to go. The team knew the consequences and let Jamie get out of going. They didn't put her last. They just gave up and let her have her way, which was stupid.

I didn't agree with their strategy, but if that was their strategy, they should have insisted on a vote and voted her in first, whether she wanted to be there or not. It's ridiculous that she basically hasn't cooked two shows in a row now and has skated through elimination anyway.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4132220;
    If they were going to have a challenge where one person doesn't present a dish from each team, they should have said that the person who sits out the challenge will be up for elimination. That way, you would have had chefs fighting to present their dish rather than hiding under the table. I mean really, at one point Jaime was pretty much under the table! Those are not the actions of a Top Chef.
    The fact that Jamie apparently has no idea how long it takes dried garbanzo beans to cook makes me wonder why she's there. I'd be hiding, too!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4133304;
    It's ridiculous that she basically hasn't cooked two shows in a row now and has skated through elimination anyway.
    It's really a shame and most unfair to have other Chefs getting eliminated while she's not even competing. After she skated by last week due to an "injury", the producers, to be fair, should have ensured she directly competed along with the rest of the Chefs. The challenges are probably set in stone long before the season starts but they could have at least modified the rules to ensure everyone's dish was in play.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4133260;

I agree. It was one of the more fun challenges to watch - cooking for athletes AND in the tennis match format.

I don't think it was right that cheftestants didn't end up having to serve their dishes though. It would have nice to structure the scoring to accomodate all the chefs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast