+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like Carla. Glad she won the trip.

I'm glad Carla won! My impression is that Carla is keenly aware of her poor decision in her season finale to try something that was not in her skill set and because of that, she has learned to trust herself in this competition. And lookie at the result - she's a success!! Hootie for Carla!!

I don't understand why Jamie is in this season at all and she's not bringing anything to this competition. Her colleagues who competed through injuries on their seasons are all here as All-Stars, so she's just out of her league.

I wish Kevin (seaon 5) was an all-star. His food just seems delicious! I also wish they had brought Stefan back, for several reasons: 1) he's an excellent cook; 2) he's very entertaining; 3) he and Fabio play off each other so well you don't even need any other personality on the show! and 4) oh wouldn't it be neat to see him compete against Angelo, ego-wise?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The show - without Spike - will be more enjoyable for me . . . however, it should have been set up so that the entire losing team was on the chopping block, Jamie included.

Glad to see both Carla and Tre' get a win. I'm hoping Carla is the last one standing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think that the judges should have at least tasted Jamie and Mike's dishes and decided who the loser was, even if it didn't count towards the team points. Then that person would have been up for elimination as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4131710;
    It seemed like lots of folks here thought Marcel was wrong for being upset that Angelo had Carla recut his fruit in the Museum challenge. But in that case, Angelo never said anything to Marcel. This time, Angelo asked the chefs (Tre and Spike) first and they didn't stop him from altering their dishes.

Angelo seems to be a really good cook, but he also seems to think that he's the only one with a good palate. Yet every dish he helped with lost last night (except his, of course). Granted, there wasn't much Angelo could do about Spike's shrimp...but he did a really bad job on Tre's salmon.
    If I recall correct, Richard, Marcel and Angelo made the Banana Parfait together. And Angelo didn't like the job Marcel had done so he had Carla recut the fruit. So it was 1/3 his dish. I believe that is why he didn't ask, it was part his dish.

And yes, Fabio coined the line "This is Top Chef, not Top Scallop." But it could also be said, "This is Top Chef, not Top Gnocchi!"
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

If I recall correct, Richard, Marcel and Angelo made the Banana Parfait together. And Angelo didn't like the job Marcel had done so he had Carla recut the fruit. So it was 1/3 his dish. I believe that is why he didn't ask, it was part his dish.
    OK, how out of it am I? Even though I remember Richard, Marcel, and Angelo getting the win, I decided that Carla had to have been on the team because Angelo had her cut the fruit.

I don't have a problem with Angelo modifying the part of the dish that he was responsible for. I just don't think it's right to change one of the other parts without talking to the chef who was responsible for that part. (And by asking Carla to cut the fruit, it means that he didn't talk to either of the two chefs who were going to carry the blame if the dish failed.) I don't understand why Angelo didn't talk to Marcel about it and let Marcel decide.

Then again, I'm not a professional chef and I hate it when my husband decides to change the prep for dinner :-)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm frustrated after this last episode. WHY IS JAMIE ON THIS SHOW??? Not competing isn't a strategy in a competition show. She should have gone in front of the judges as well as the others who lost for their team.

If they were going to have a challenge where one person doesn't present a dish from each team, they should have said that the person who sits out the challenge will be up for elimination. That way, you would have had chefs fighting to present their dish rather than hiding under the table. I mean really, at one point Jaime was pretty much under the table! Those are not the actions of a Top Chef.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

The good news is I can't see Jamie going much further. The judges are well aware she has bailed on not one but two assignments. She's clearly afraid to compete with this crowd so she should have stayed home and given the slot to another chef who would give it their all and go home based on actually cooking versus hiding.

I'm surprised Mike I wasn't putting up a stink to show his dish. His team had already won so he had nothing to lose. He could have even won the challenge and perhaps gotten a trip to Italy. I guess there is a chance he did put up a stink and we didn't see it. I know I would have raised all kinds of helll if I were him.

FORT Fogey

My strategy, had I been on this challenge, would be to sandwich any bad dishes between two better ones. You know, neutralize them. That's what we do in relays for swimming, this is kind of the same philosophy.

I'm starting to think that Casey is maybe a little less intelligent than the rest of the chefs. I like her a lot but sometimes she just doesn't seem to get the whole picture. Like when she was Carla's sous chef, and she didn't understand that she wasn't supposed to be adding to the dishes, just helping to make them. She didn't understand that the whole point of putting Jamie first was to a) get the worst dish out of the way b)neutralize their best dish and c) make sure that if they did lose, the worst dish would be at judges table. I think she just got nervous about Jamie refusing to go (how ridiculous!) and wanted that uncomfortable moment to be over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast