+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In Tre's defense, he was safe and this was a team effort. His team had more at stake in his dish than he and they wanted to win. Handing it over to Angelo, who was insisting, seems better than failing himself and being accused of not caring because of his immunity.

KeepItReal- I think what turned me just now was her attitude toward the entire thing. I know she really had nothing to say when Blaise called her out, but anyone could see she had no confidence at all in her dish. She's got to step it up or she's not going to have an ounce of respect as a chef when this thing is over.
    I agree, Jamie's attitude this season is curious. She has lacked enthusiastiasm from day one and entered with a chip on her shoulder. She could easily have apologized for her error in judgement with the chick peas and acknowledged her teams frustration at the situation. Taking responsibility for your actions goes a long way in mending fences.

A medic told her that she needed stitches. People react very differently to injury and we don't know how that medic presented the information. He may have scared her about possible infection and what could happen.

Angelo. Keep him away from your food. I don't think he sabotaged Tre, given the situation, but it is not beneath him to do so. He tipped his hand in several diary talks during his season, if I remember correctly.

Go Carla! I love this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4131573;
    . Fabio is totally lost if he can't make pasta, and Jamie (who was all soups & scallops in S5) folds like the laundry even more now than in her season.
    Wasn't she the target of the famous, "This is Top Chef, not Top Scallop" line? I loved that one...

I like how Carla was funny with the guest judge in the quickfire. All the other contestants stand there and say "yes, chef", "thank you, chef"" and Carla admits her dish is bad, makes the "undente" comment and asks if he needs floss. She just cracks me up. She isn't afraid to be herself and I like that.

FORT Fogey

Maybabie, Yes! I loved Carla's comment. She is confident, skilled, witty and genuine.

I had forgotten the top scallop comment and yes I think it was Jaime but I am not sure.

It seemed like lots of folks here thought Marcel was wrong for being upset that Angelo had Carla recut his fruit in the Museum challenge. But in that case, Angelo never said anything to Marcel. This time, Angelo asked the chefs (Tre and Spike) first and they didn't stop him from altering their dishes.

Angelo seems to be a really good cook, but he also seems to think that he's the only one with a good palate. Yet every dish he helped with lost last night (except his, of course). Granted, there wasn't much Angelo could do about Spike's shrimp...but he did a really bad job on Tre's salmon.

I was sad to see Spike go home. He should have stood his ground and told Angelo and everyone else to stay away from his dish.
    I'm glad Karla won. I like her, she's so funny and likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4131710;
    It seemed like lots of folks here thought Marcel was wrong for being upset that Angelo had Carla recut his fruit in the Museum challenge. But in that case, Angelo never said anything to Marcel. This time, Angelo asked the chefs (Tre and Spike) first and they didn't stop him from altering their dishes.

Angelo seems to be a really good cook, but he also seems to think that he's the only one with a good palate. Yet every dish he helped with lost last night (except his, of course). Granted, there wasn't much Angelo could do about Spike's shrimp...but he did a really bad job on Tre's salmon.
    I also wonder if it's that Angelo tastes his competitors' food more than the other contestants. I remember that happening more the DC season among the cheftestants than any other I'd seen - and I liked that they all tasted each other's food. I particularly remember Angelo tasting Amanda's BBQ ribs and obsessing over how good they are. I would imagine that as a chef it's hard not to meddle if you think you can improve someone's dish - especially if it's a teammate, but even if it's not. I really don't think he's a sabateur, the more I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4131714;
    I also wonder if it's that Angelo tastes his competitors' food more than the other contestants. I remember that happening more the DC season among the cheftestants than any other I'd seen - and I liked that they all tasted each other's food. I particularly remember Angelo tasting Amanda's BBQ ribs and obsessing over how good they are. I would imagine that as a chef it's hard not to meddle if you think you can improve someone's dish - especially if it's a teammate, but even if it's not. I really don't think he's a sabateur, the more I think about it.
    (Bolded for emphasis) That's the thing about Angelo that makes me think he's truly delusional -- he still doesn't realize (or care) that he's on a TV competition. He is so convinced that he's so much better than anyone else who could come along that he freely goes around "helping" other people's dishes, still believing that he's going to win anyway. And there is some disconnect in his brain that prevents him from understanding why other chefs wouldn't want him touching their dishes -- it doesn't seem to occur to him that another chef might have the same pride in their abilities that he does.

He's just hooked up different.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Loved Carla last night!! (Undente'... LOL) I hope she continues the path she's on as I think she can win this if she stays true to herself.

Angelo.... I kinda get where Angelo is coming from. I think he truly wants to be helpful. It reminds me of Thanksgiving at my house.... I've had to use a lot of restraint in dishes that others bring. I always find myself wanting to make them "better". And no... I don't think I'm a better cook than some. (some others ... yes.). I just think some things should taste a certain way.
    If the other chefs don't want Angelo's help, they just need to tell him so. I think he just gets caught up in the tensness of the moment and can't help himself.

Jamie should have been elimated last night. She just doesn;t have the range the other chefs have and doesn't step up to the plate. I don't buy her story that the garbanzo beans weren't done. She cooked them for quite some time. I think she was out of her confort zone and new she couldn't cut it, so instead of even trying to plate she chose to take the cowards way out.

FORT Fogey

I want Fabio off my TV - i don't care if he was a fav last time - Carla IS my fav!

Yay for Tre and Carla!

I don't believe that Angelo is trying to sabotage anyone despite the "edit" they are giving him. That would be completely illogical in a team challenge. I don't get the chefs letting anyone tell them how to do a dish, they are all pros and can tell Angelo to back off.

I think Jaime needs to go. She doesn't seem like she cares to be there, so let her get the boot so the others that truly want to stay there, stay there.

I'm still rooting for Carla and Angelo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast