+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Perhaps part of Tiffany's response had a bit to do with listening to it during their own season, which was just a stones throw away from this season. The more familiar you are with a person the shorter your fuse can be at times. We see a new, improved Angelo, however, people who were there to witness and remember the old one are not going to let go of those memories as easily.

Tiffany doesn't seem to be in the same spirit of the competition as she was the first time around, but in all honesty, there are quite a few others who seem the same way so far. Perhaps they are just shaking the dust off and hopefully they will get in the swing of things pretty soon. I have no doubt that they all want to be there, but a few of them just seem a bit off.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Oh, I agree that a number of the chefs seem kind of off or tired or something. In fact, I was sort of surprised that anyone from the last season would even want to come back so soon, especially Tiffany, since she's a newlywed. The fact that she seems a little off may even be attributed to that. It would probably be a bit of a drag to have to leave your new husband again so soon (I'm assuming she had time to get married in between...if she didn't and she's still trying to plan the wedding during yet another TC season, that could make anyone feel less than patient and/or happy).

I realize Tiffany didn't win and maybe that's why she came back, but she did win a lot of stuff and money, so maybe now she's re-thinking whether she really wants to be there. Or heck, what do I know. Maybe she just had a headache that night.

Right now, I am only watching the end of episodes to see who gets eliminated. Until Mike Isabella and Spike are gone from the show, I will not be watching regularly. They are just too smarmy for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4129871;
    Oh, I agree that a number of the chefs seem kind of off or tired or something. In fact, I was sort of surprised that anyone from the last season would even want to come back so soon, especially Tiffany, since she's a newlywed. The fact that she seems a little off may even be attributed to that. It would probably be a bit of a drag to have to leave your new husband again so soon (I'm assuming she had time to get married in between...if she didn't and she's still trying to plan the wedding during yet another TC season, that could make anyone feel less than patient and/or happy).

I realize Tiffany didn't win and maybe that's why she came back, but she did win a lot of stuff and money, so maybe now she's re-thinking whether she really wants to be there. Or heck, what do I know. Maybe she just had a headache that night.
    Tiffany did get married-they showed clips during the reunion show last season. There could be a number of reasons why so many of them seem to be dragging a bit. I wonder if the pressure is doubled now that they are "All Stars" and they now have fewer weak chefs in the bunch. Everything is taken up a notch during this season which is great for the audience but not the chefs.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

I feel like so many of the attitudes have gotten better this season. Tiffani is delightful, which was certainly not the case during Season 1, Dale T. is way more mellow, even Spike has toned it down a bit. Which makes the attitudes that are still bad (Jamie, Stephen, and now it seems Tiffany) seem even worse.

Can't the judges just say they're sick of soup and kick Jamie off already??

I thought it was interesting because both Angelo and Stephen wound up at restaurants they were very excited about, and were talking a lot. But Angelo seemed to almost want to work together with the rest of the team - noting all the ingredients and how they worked together. He wasn't trying to school anyone, he was like a kid who had figured out something interesting and was excited and wanted to tell everyone. I actually found it pretty endearing.

Stephen, on the other hand, was just obnoxious.

Spike's too-cool-for-school act gets older by the minute. Really uncalled for insult directed at Stephen. Spike reminds me of a kid who waits to see who the cool kids are picking on and then jumps on the bandwagon. Can't wait till he gets bounced.

Sad to see Dale go but his dish was whimsy for the sake of whimsy and not a riff off of a classic dish as Tom pointed out. Stephen wasn't over his head, just rusty. I believe him when he said Season 1 Stephen would have killed the challenge.

Fabio needs to go. He's an egomaniac like Mike, Dale T, & Spike. He just can't take criticism. He believes his own hype. Why is he even on the show and considered an "All-Star" if he can't cook anything other than Italian? Is that going to be his excuse every time now? "That's not my specialty." Cop-out.

Padma's not as gorgeous and sultry as she thinks she is. How about a smile once in a while? She delivers her lines with no emotion on her face, kind of like a robot. Old freeze-face.
    Last edited by rfromp; 12-21-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4130555;
    I feel like so many of the attitudes have gotten better this season. Tiffani is delightful, which was certainly not the case during Season 1, Dale T. is way more mellow, even Spike has toned it down a bit. Which makes the attitudes that are still bad (Jamie, Stephen, and now it seems Tiffany) seem even worse.

Stephen, on the other hand, was just obnoxious.
    No way, if anything Dale T. hasn't changed a bit and Spike has gotten way worse. The humility from being unknowns in their season has clearly worn off of Spike and Dale T. is just as boorish as ever.

Stephen may be obnoxious but he is nowhere near the condescending person he was in Season 1. Angelo now takes that honor.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Jamie. What the hell is she still doing there? Tough chick with tattoos up and down her arms cuts her finger a little and runs to the hospital for two stitches. Get out of there and give Jen her spot back.

It sets a bad precedent for someone who did absolutely nothing to get a pass for an "injury". What if someone is having a bad day and gets the idea to "have an accident" to avoid elimination. A quick and certainly justified dismissal of Jamie would have squashed that for as long as the show continues to air. They've missed their chance and I'll bet it comes back to haunt them.
    Last edited by rfromp; 12-21-2010 at 06:34 AM.

I'm so glad it's Top Chef night!!! This is the one reality show my DH knows better than to whine about.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4130514;
    Tiffany did get married-they showed clips during the reunion show last season. There could be a number of reasons why so many of them seem to be dragging a bit. I wonder if the pressure is doubled now that they are "All Stars" and they now have fewer weak chefs in the bunch. Everything is taken up a notch during this season which is great for the audience but not the chefs.

I think Top Chef Masters works, because while the contestants all want to win for the sake of their charities and maybe bragging rights as well, they are relatively relaxed about it. They know a bad performance on a reality show isn't going to affect their established reputations all that much. But the folks on Top Chef: All Stars aren't in that position. Either they're still establishing their reputations or they're worried about maintaing them, so they're still thinking the show might really affect their careers long-term. Thus, they can't sit around the stew room laughing and chatting like the Masters cheftestants do. Instead, they're possibly even more stressed out this time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast