+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Season 2 marathon on today. I have to admit that, although Marcel bugs me, it's really hard to watch him get bullied, often for doing nothing. Betty and Frank were particularly nasty to him (especially considering they were about 20 years older), while Ilan's obnoxiousness seems to stem mainly from jealousy and immaturity. It's also reminding me that, with the possible exception of Sam, he was clearly one of the strongest chefs of this season. (Elia, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4127217;
    Season 2 marathon on today. I have to admit that, although Marcel bugs me, it's really hard to watch him get bullied, often for doing nothing. Betty and Frank were particularly nasty to him (especially considering they were about 20 years older), while Ilan's obnoxiousness seems to stem mainly from jealousy and immaturity. It's also reminding me that, with the possible exception of Sam, he was clearly one of the strongest chefs of this season. (Elia, too.)
    I'm watching it too. I never really had a problem with Marcel. Yes he was young and cocky but the others had attitudes that bothered me far more. I absolutely hated Betty and Ilan wasn't much better. I never quite understood how Elia went from being Marcel's friend to joining the others in bullying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4127256;
    I'm watching it too. I never really had a problem with Marcel. Yes he was young and cocky but the others had attitudes that bothered me far more. I absolutely hated Betty and Ilan wasn't much better. I never quite understood how Elia went from being Marcel's friend to joining the others in bullying him.
    From what I've seen of Marcel, he is annoying but does know what he's doing in the realm of cooking.

I still cringe knowing that Ilan won in spite of the fact he was one of those who really bullied him and should've - along with the player who was eliminated and others who should've - been removed as well for that bullying.

So far from what I've read this season (don't have Bravo now), it sounds pretty interesting, and definitely better than the attitudes of those in Just Desserts.

Happy Thanksgiving! Passepartout's Avatar

Marcel in the All-Stars seems to be really low-key this time around. Despite being annoying but can really cook. Plus, on the other hand, do feel sorry for him. As he doesn't seem to have any friensd. Put yourselves in his shoes.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

FORT Fogey

Marcel is much better this season, and watching the reruns of Season Two today I realized just how awful everyone was to him. Not that he wasn't annoying, but they were just terrible.

I'm really liking the new and improved Tiffani. She's just much more fun and happier.

Marcel is an annoying PITA but their behavior at the end towards him was nothing short of abusive and illegal. No one deserves that.

I like Tiffani a lot too. I think she makes finale along with Blaze and Angelo. I also could see Marcel going far. They seem to be building a Marcel and Angelo rivalry so both must go to the end or close to it. I still hope Jamie goes soon. The whole two stitch thing still annoys me. lol

Padma seems like a nice enough person but I never really liked her on this show as she doesn't have the experience and expertise to judge like the others do. I prefer people who are really in the industry to judge rather than someone bought on as they are a pretty host.

Padma seems like a nice enough person but I never really liked her on this show as she doesn't have the experience and expertise to judge like the others do. I prefer people who are really in the industry to judge rather than someone bought on as they are a pretty host.
    While she's been a model, she's also written two cookbooks and hosted several cooking shows.

Padma is a foodie -- she can cook, and she knows good food. She makes thoughtful contributions while they are tasting food every week. She just doesn't get to do it as often as the other judges because it's her job as host to say all of those canned lines every week, like "So what did we think about _________?"

I think she helped boost Top Chef's popularity immensely when she replaced Katie. Nothing against Katie, but I find Padma a hundred times more interesting. Just my .02.

And Marcel loves being an annoying pissant, it's what he thinks his job is as a Top Chef Character™. Well, it annoyed me then, and it still annoys me now, especially since it's so obvious how much he's forcing it for the cameras. He's an inventive chef, but he's not the best or even in the Top 5 of the All-Stars as far as I'm concerned. With Stephen gone, Marcel is the only one left in the cast that I can't wait to see go. Everyone else is a joy to watch. Even that egomaniac PITA Spike makes me laugh once in a while.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4128343;
    Padma is a foodie -- she can cook, and she knows good food. She makes thoughtful contributions while they are tasting food every week. She just doesn't get to do it as often as the other judges because it's her job as host to say all of those canned lines every week, like "So what did we think about _________?"
    I'm not convinced that Padma is a "foodie." She has a couple published cookbooks, which were not very highly acclaimed and contained a lot of recipe discrepencies. I always thought they were just a tie in with Top Chef.
    Also she's a vegatarian. I don't see how she could be a very good judge on all dishes if she doesn't like/want/prefer meat. Just confusing to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast