+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4119308;
    I'm confused: which Dale are people hating? Season 3 Dale seemed less talented to me, but also like a pretty nice guy. Season 4 Dale had a pretty explosive temper, but I always liked him just because he cracked me up and seemed like a talented chef (plus I was amused when he threw a tantrum with Michael Chiarello on TC Masters).

Who would have thought that there would be two Dales? Not such a common name.
    Whoops, I got my Dale's mixed up! I'd forgotten about sore loser, temper tantrum, insolent Dale. I don't like him. He's seems to me to have an enormous chip on his unpleasant shoulder.

This is the Dale I thought people were talking about.

I like this Dale. He's charming and civilized.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4120291;
    Whoops, I got my Dale's mixed up! I'd forgotten about sore loser, temper tantrum, insolent Dale. I don't like him. He's seems to me to have an enormous chip on his unpleasant shoulder.

This is the Dale I thought people were talking about.

I like this Dale. He's charming and civilized.
    Funny! I LOVE this Dale (Dale L - S3), too. The other Dale was a childish ass during his season (Dale T - S4).

But....I read where Dale T. realized he was an ass and has matured a great deal since then. I like when people learn and grow, so I'm holding out hope. Plus, I think Elia said his meal should have won the first elimination round (while Dale T said Richard B should have won).

The other Dale, the one we both like, did really well during his season. He was 2nd to Hung. A show producer said that the decision between Dale L and Hung was the closest in the show's history. I don't know if Dale L. has the competitive nature to win this kind of competition, but he can cook.

Top Chef All Stars Pictures - Photo Gallery: Who Made the Cut? Casting Top Chef-All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4119170;
    I like Marcel because he's scrappy. He gets picked on but he doesn't let his catigators off without pointing out their hypocrisy. Good on him.
    I have to agree again! He's a tough little soldier to endure ths #hit he's taken. He too, can cook, though. I would love to see Marcel and Dale L go far.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-05-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4120321;

I have to agree again! He's a tough little soldier to endure ths #hit he's taken. He too, can cook, though. I would love to see Marcel and Dale L go far.
    I disagree about Marcel. Yes, he's scrappy and holds his own but he has no filter when he speaks. He can aggravate and be rude to others when he's defensive. I consider that to be a factor of his youth and hope he learns that it'll only create enemies when he needs friends. (I'm including his actions in that silly "All Star Dinner Party" hosted by Fabio that was on prior.)

I think (and hope) that Dale T has matured since his show aired and will not be subject to those immature explosive tantrums. It's so admirable when people are shown how they act and realize their mistakes.

I think they all seemed to have matured and that's nice to see.

I still adore Fabio. I can't agree with him calling out the one judge at the end but I do understand why he did it. Being 100% Italian myself, I'm very much aware of the Italian macho pride. He will instinctively defend "who" he is while giving you free reign to criticize his food. But I'm not sure that will win him the points needed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4120321;
    Funny! I LOVE this Dale (Dale L - S3), too. The other Dale was a childish ass during his season (Dale T - S4).

But....I read where Dale T. realized he was an ass and has matured a great deal since then. I like when people learn and grow, so I'm holding out hope. Plus, I think Elia said his meal should have won the first elimination round (while Dale T said Richard B should have won).

The other Dale, the one we both like, did really well during his season. He was 2nd to Hung. A show producer said that the decision between Dale L and Hung was the closest in the show's history. I don't know if Dale L. has the competitive nature to win this kind of competition, but he can cook.

Top Chef All Stars Pictures - Photo Gallery: Who Made the Cut? Casting Top Chef-All Stars

I need to correct myself....Elia said it was the NICE Dale (Dale L S3) who should have won the first elimination round - not that nasty Dale (Dale T S4):

'Top Chef's Elia Talks 'Disappointing' Elimination | Fancast News

Sorry about that!

Late to the party as usual. Finally watched the show last night. I was so happy to see a lot of these chefs return, but there are a couple I'm going to be fine with leaving. Glad to see Elia go last night. Watching that whole head shaving and gang-up on Marcel was not enjoyable in the slightest, and it made me dislike her again just watching it. She lost because she didn't really do a thing to change up her original dish, and on top of that the fish was raw in some cases, and her admitting that she didn't check to see if it was cooked properly did her in, IMO. You could tell by Collichio's face when she said it. Goodbye Elia!

Don't care much for Stephen, Blais, Spike (shudder), or sullen Tiffani from S1. I am thrilled to see Tre, Carla, Antonia, Dale (s3), Tiffany and Angelo back again. I loved that Angelo won last night, as he's the real "dark horse" as far as the others are concerned, they don't know him as well so I love seeing him take the first prize. I can't help myself, I still kind of like Marcel, brat that he is, and for some odd reason Mike I wasn't bugging me as much, but he looks to return to his slimy self in upcoming episodes. I wanted to like Dale (s4) but then was reminded again of his temper tantrums and that turned me off.

I think Fabio over-reacted to Bourdain's comments. He didn't ask to take back your Italian ancestry card buddy, he just hated your dish. It is going to happen, he'd better get used to it with Bourdain as a regular judge. I love the guy, he cracks me up, and I can only hope we have Bourdain and Ripert together again as judges for one episode. I love seeing them needle each other.

I'm so happy TC is back. I've been trying to watch the dessert version, slowly, but the contestants are just awful, there isn't really one that I like. I'm glad to see some familiar faces, and I have to say at this point I hope Angelo takes the prize.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

FORT Fogey

Me too - SO happy TC has returned, and a wonderful cast of all stars (aside from Fabio (head too big esp. after hosting the reunion), Stephen, Elia (what? not change anything?) - the others I look forward to seeing more from. LOVE Tre, Carla, Tiffani (s8), Dale, even Richard...loved watching him choke with Stephanie winning his season. The only one I'm missing was the brother of the guy Michael who won (S7?) I thought he'd be here for sure.

Loved how they had a season dish creation to remind us who was which season and where...and the recreate the dish that kicked you off - BRILLIANT.

Next all-star season - all winners? Let's see them handle their egos!

I'm just so happy this show is back on and with all-stars to boot! I swear I could watch this 24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4121150;
    I'm just so happy this show is back on and with all-stars to boot! I swear I could watch this 24 hours a day.
    Me too. I just love Top Chef. Along with Survivor and TAR it's my favourite show.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4119723;
    Wolverine Jr. still needs a Chef's Knife shoved up his butt.
    Amen to that. Every time - and I mean EVERY TIME - he opens his mouth, all I can think is "what an arrogant little twerp." Even if he turns out to be the most talent chef of the bunch (which I doubt... his dish in episode one looked like it had eyeballs floating in it), I'm still hoping he goes down in flames.

(Speaking of flames, is it me, or does the stupid haircut borrow just a bit too much from the Heat Miser?)

As far as who I like, I'm a fan of Carla (she's just so dang weird, but in a loveable way) and Antonia... but I'm putting my money on Richard or Tre to go all the way in this one.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I would love to see Tre go further this time around. I felt like he was cut too soon on his season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast