+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fabio - All-Stars

Fabio - All-Stars

Fabio Viviani, Season 5
    Contestant
    Hometown: Florence, Italy
    Resides: Moorpark, CA
    Fabio is the Owner and Executive Chef of Café Firenze in Moorpark, CA and Firenze Osteria in Toluca Lake, CA. Born and raised in Florence, Italy, his culinary career began at the age of 12 when he started working in a restaurant. Two years later, he was given the opportunity to prove himself as a cook when the chef cut himself badly and Fabio stepped in. He then attended culinary school and traveled across Europe, training in classic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. He won awards for his dry aged steaks at the Sagra Della Bistecca Awards in Cortona and his cheese and wine selections at the 2004 Enofood Awards. In 2009, his first cookbook Café Firenze, Mangia e Bevi was released with rave reviews. His next book, a collaboration with his mother, My Son is on Google, Recipes & Memories from an Italian Mom is due out in Fall 2012.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.

Re: Fabio - All-Stars

Fabio is hilarious. I just remember there being a cohort of non-American chefs his season though who had somewhat of a "we Europeans are better than you" attitude.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I adore Fabio. Always have and always will. He's that "nice Italian boy" that my parents always wanted me to marry. Of course, now that I'm almost 3X his age, he was a little slow coming around.

Something seems off about him now. Maybe it's the problems in his professional & personal life, or the fact that his Bravo show never materialized. But he just seems bitter and cranky now, even before Bourdain's comments. I don't find him quite as charming as I did in his season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4120355;
    Something seems off about him now. Maybe it's the problems in his professional & personal life, or the fact that his Bravo show never materialized. But he just seems bitter and cranky now, even before Bourdain's comments. I don't find him quite as charming as I did in his season.

I did sense a little something off about Fabio too, but I liked that even after his food got criticized so severely by Bourdain, he still went to find Elia and ask her if she was okay. He also was helpful in the kitchen to Casey, I think, when she couldn't find something. He does seem like he has other things on his mind, but at least he wasn't taking it out on his competitors. Okay, he was not thrilled to be greeted by Marcel at the door (I wouldn't be either, given how Marcel has treated him), but he only complained about it in the confessional sequence. He didn't snap his head off and tell him to get lost.

I also wonder if all of them are feeling a bit more pressure this time around, because they know there's nobody there who's not capable and that they've been invited back because they're expected to be among the best of the best. That does make the stakes higher. I would be especially nervous about the challenges, given what they had to do the first time out of the gate (though as a viewer, I loved the preview where they had to go head to head with Tom).

FORT Fanatic

I too felt something was off about Fabio. He got alittle fat. Maybe the weight is making him uncomfortable. However, now that I have thought about it abit, I think he is playing the role that the producers chose for him. It's as if TPTB said; "Try and be a bit more antagonistic and saucy". He might not be a very good actor but he is still so charismatic. I hope he goes far, I like him.

I don't know, even with a little more weight on him he's just a real cutie to me. The accent doesn't hurt.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Yeah, he got major chubs and now he's all greasy. Looke like a wet dog. blah.. Finally glad he is over his sourpuss whiny attitude.
    The king schmoozer is back... though he should have been sent packing a long time ago.

+ Reply to Thread