+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Just Desserts - 11/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Danielle, for me, is like the not-so-pretty, not-so-popular little sister of Claire Robinson (another Food Network personality). She tries to fit in with the "in crowd", but just doesn't quite cut it.

Can't stand Morganza's personality and would like to see him be gone, even if it means keeping Danielle in the Top Three.

I'm rooting for Yigit (MFWalkoff is right . . . he IS cute!) but he doesn't seem to work well under pressure. He works, yes . . . . but not WELL.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I'm just speculating, but Morgan has been such a strong competitor all along that I really don't think he'll win. YOu know how they always set us up for the opposite result....

Zach or Yigit will take the title.

I think/hope Danielle gets the boot. I like her perseverance and growth, but she's not yet in the same league as the others. As such, I'd rather see the 3 guys go to the end. I am actually rooting for Morgan. He has the best overall talent, I think.

FORT Fogey

Now that Heather is gone Zach and Yigit are more likeable. I am rooting for Zach or Yigit to win because Morgan is too abrasive for me.

Danielle's diary talks are very odd. I guess it is a lack of confidence that gives her the haulting, rye comments.

I'm all for challenges but I didn't care for the no chocolate twist. Or I think I really just would have prefered that they didn't spring that on the contestants after they've planned their desserts and been to the grocery. It's not that I think the no chocolate thing was so bad, just the timing of it. I don't see how that ferrets out the best chef. I would rather see them go home on a disaster of their own making than a twist.

I thought it was unfair to throw the twist at them after they had done their shopping. All those goodies looked really good to me. Wish I'd been at that tea! Oh and for once I actually liked Danielle.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4097971;
    Danielle, for me, is like the not-so-pretty, not-so-popular little sister of Claire Robinson (another Food Network personality). She tries to fit in with the "in crowd", but just doesn't quite cut it.

Can't stand Morganza's personality and would like to see him be gone, even if it means keeping Danielle in the Top Three.

I'm rooting for Yigit (MFWalkoff is right . . . he IS cute!) but he doesn't seem to work well under pressure. He works, yes . . . . but not WELL.
    I know that Claire has her own show (I haven't watched it), but I know I don't like her as the new host for Challenge on the Food Network.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4098640;
    I'm all for challenges but I didn't care for the no chocolate twist. Or I think I really just would have prefered that they didn't spring that on the contestants after they've planned their desserts and been to the grocery. It's not that I think the no chocolate thing was so bad, just the timing of it. I don't see how that ferrets out the best chef. I would rather see them go home on a disaster of their own making than a twist.
    Totally agree! It's like a two point advantage between those who planned to use it and those who didn't...does that make sense??? It does in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4098901;
    Totally agree! It's like a two point advantage between those who planned to use it and those who didn't...does that make sense??? It does in my mind.
    It makes perfect sense to me. It didn't affect those who didn't plan to use it already so it was an advantage for them. If they had told them when they were planning the desserts I'd have no problem with it at all.

I agree the no chocolate should have been announced at the beginning before they went shopping.

Something interesting tho, I hadn't realized how much Morgan had used chocolate in the past until it was taken away from them and he spent the rest of the episode pouting. He may be talented, but if you take him out of his comfort zone (chocolate) he falls apart a bit.

It's really too bad he is intent on coming across as a tool. He makes some yummy looking dishes and if you take him on face value, he can be funny. But he is such a ass that it no longer matters if he does get a funny line. He still comes off as a jerk. Also, it's like he is filling the hyper vacuum of that guy that got sent home (seth?) running around the kitchen and getting in people's way because he has time to kill and is bored.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4098640;
    I agree that if they were going to have a no chocolate rule, it should have been announced before the cheftestants went shopping, as it obviously only affected some of them while not affecting others at all.

It also occurred to me that if they wanted to take something away, it should have been something that should have affected everyone. It might have been interesting to take away sugar and have the chefs make sugar-less desserts for one challenge. I'd still say they should be warned ahead of time, but given the number of people who can't have sugar or are trying to cut back on it, that would have been a logical challenge, and there are a lot of different sugar substitutes out there that they could use instead. Not all of them work the best for baking, but they wouldn't necessarily have to do a baked dessert either, and some of them do work for baking, though adjustments have to be made in terms of some recipes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast