+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Attention DVR-o-philes: Tonight's episode is a supersized 75 minutes. Don't get caught missing the last 15 minutes when you wake up!

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the sweets!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really like Sylvia Weinstock. Not only is she a Goddess of Wedding Cakes, but she also came across as very positive and supportive to the cheftestants, which I definitely liked seeing.

ETA . . .

I was glad the pep team won, but even gladder (?!) that they and the glee club were able to get their needs met (and that St. Monica's got a little something, too!).

What a great, feel-good ep!
    Last edited by ness; 09-29-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I do not like Yigit. This is the second time that he's said somebody else is being selfish as an insult. Whenever he says that, it's code for "does not benefit me". It's like calling somebody a noob, nobody pays attention to that, they are no substance "insults".

And that girl is right... she didn't want to do a cookie. Yes, she was forced into it. Nobody would help her think of ideas and nobody else offered to do a cookie. She may have said "OK" but that's only because there was no other way to be a team player. They are responsible for her going.

I think the Pep team was too safe but the Glee team didn't really know what bake sale food was. They should have done what the others did - take a predictable bake sale item and put a twist on it.

Well, Pep had the baker, and I'm sure he's been asked to help out with bake sales many, many times. He would know what sells best - both what the kids request and what the parents buy. Also, they behaved like professional chefs. Why not take the baker's good brownie base (that's already calculated to produce about 8 sheets) and then jack it up? Same with the cc cookie... no one's afraid of a cc cookie, so she knew it would sell, she just jacked it up a bit for the judges.

As for Glee, talk about dysfunctional.

So who got eliminated?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Heather went home for her lack-luster peanut butter cookie.

Sylvia Winestock reminds me of what it would look like if Dr. Ruth and Edna Mode (The Incredibles) had a baby. The woman knows her cakes and I expected her to be snooty about it, but she was genuine and friendly. I wonder if Erica really gave her the recipe for her chocolate chip cookie.

I wanted the recipe for Eric's jazzed up rice krispie treat myself.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4073647 View Post

Sylvia Winestock reminds me of what it would look like if Dr. Ruth and Edna Mode (The Incredibles) had a baby. The woman knows her cakes and I expected her to be snooty about it, but she was genuine and friendly. I wonder if Erica really gave her the recipe for her chocolate chip cookie.

Which Heather?
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Regular

the Heather who was covering something on her forehead with oily bangs. I was shocked at how plain she made the peanut butter cookie. She didn't even make the fork marks that most kids moms do. She could have added stuff to the basic recipe that would have impressed the judges.

Does anyone know what the thing was on her forehead, I have searched the net and can't find anything. So distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by tneve22;4073987;
    the Heather who was covering something on her forehead with oily bangs. I was shocked at how plain she made the peanut butter cookie. She didn't even make the fork marks that most kids moms do. She could have added stuff to the basic recipe that would have impressed the judges.

Does anyone know what the thing was on her forehead, I have searched the net and can't find anything. So distracting.
    I thought it was some kind of medicated patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4073647;

I had to google Dr. Ruth but I immediately thought of Edna Mode when I saw her! And after seeing Dr. Ruth, Sylvia Winestock is totally their love child.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast