+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't get to see this week's show until this afternoon. I'm glad they sent Danielle home. If you can't make a delicious cookie for a freaking bake sale, you clearly don't belong on that show.

At the judges' table, her turning a simple, courteous "How did it go?" into a bitch fest about Seth was just a classless, uncalled for rant. He did, after all, do all prep for everyone.

It seemed to be a pointless defense tactic to me, and it was very ill timed - right out of the gate. She knew she failed to make an appealing cookie. How humiliating that must have been, given that most of the 12 and 13 year olds I've ever known can make fabulous peanut butter cookies, and make them with genuine enthusiasm.

I must have missed something. Every time I make cookies, the first batch is a "test." They only take about 12 mins., and you taste and adjust either the ingredients or your baking time/temp., right? Is it just me, or is anyone else confused by the fact she couldn't have pulled this challenge out of the fire? It was a cookie! And she "over baked" it?

ETA: I get it that she didn't want to make a humble cookie. It's hard to take the win with one, even if it's the best peanut cookie ever made. But having committed to doing it, how hard could it have been?
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-03-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I think you might be mixing some people up, Poppy. Heather C is the one who went home for the cookie, and her complaint at judges table was that her team forced her into a cookie.

Danielle made a dry coconut cupcake, and is the one who called out Seth.

Other than that, I totally agree.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4075106;
    The easiest thing would have been to dip it in chocolate, nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. It would have dressed it up some.
    or throw in some chocolate chunks and or macadamia nuts. She could have at least put the fork tong design on top! I am making myself hungry now!

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4075106;
    The easiest thing would have been to dip it in chocolate, nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. It would have dressed it up some.
    I was thinking put toffee chips on top on in the batter and then dip half of the cookie in chocolate. That would have been yummy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4075957;
    Well, to be fair, they didn't say anything about her until she started complaining that she was forced into a cookie. She knew she had a losing dish and she wanted to pass the buck, so to speak. If she'd said "I don't want to do a cookie and I don't think we need one" I think she would have been fine.

Danielle is the only one who felt the need to say anything about Seth, and his behavior was worse than Heather's theoretical refusal to do a cookie would have been. And if the only thing she could think of to do for a bake sale was a whoopie pie which she'd already done, that again is a reason for her to go home.
    Glad you brought these points up. Heather shouldn't have pulled out the big guns until she needed to defend her cookie. Wait and see if you need to defend your product. And if she had to give in and make a cookie, there are a gazillion kinds of appealing cookies that would have been better than some unidentifiable tan blob, which tells me her heart was no longer into it.

As for Danielle: That was not the time to complain about Seth, even though a lot can be said about Seth and his attitude. Better to save it for when she needs it. All it did was make her look small and petty and it didn't help her any that the other chefs defended him.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4076035;
    I think you might be mixing some people up, Poppy. Heather C is the one who went home for the cookie, and her complaint at judges table was that her team forced her into a cookie.

Danielle made a dry coconut cupcake, and is the one who called out Seth.

Other than that, I totally agree.
    Thanks, T.A.R.! I did mix them up.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I would have made the basic peanut butter cookie but used cashews instead. Then I would have dipped half of it in chocolate and put a cashew brittle twill on top. But hey....that's just me.

Really though... I would have done anything but leave it as Heather did. That was a just rediculous and a cop out. She should have stood her ground a done what she knew best. She deserved to be voted off in my opinion.

Glad we had a little less Seth drama this last episode however, it looks like we'll have more his outburst this week. I'm assuming he is who the ambulance is for.

FORT Fan

I am starting to think that many of these producers and "casting" directors
    are really putting off the wall people on these shows on purpose

How could they NOT see that Seth was going to be totally off the wall?

they want this drama...and they cast people to provide it

I remember some 2nd string/cable reality show..."Next Action Star" or something....they had the proverbial "wild card" crazy person BUT this one turned out to be really mentally ill...
    she grabbed a "prop" gun ? (I think?) and was going after the cast members and could have hurt someone....they booted her and it turned out she was bipolar and "off" her meds...some of the cast members sued the production company and had some sort of settlement as I recall cause the producers put them in danger by having a person like that on the show

I can't help but think of that when I see Seth

he is like a time bomb....tick tick tick

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;4077061;
    I am starting to think that many of these producers and "casting" directors
    are really putting off the wall people on these shows on purpose

How could they NOT see that Seth was going to be totally off the wall?

they want this drama...and they cast people to provide it

I remember some 2nd string/cable reality show..."Next Action Star" or something....they had the proverbial "wild card" crazy person BUT this one turned out to be really mentally ill...
    she grabbed a "prop" gun ? (I think?) and was going after the cast members and could have hurt someone....they booted her and it turned out she was bipolar and "off" her meds...some of the cast members sued the production company and had some sort of settlement as I recall cause the producers put them in danger by having a person like that on the show

I can't help but think of that when I see Seth

he is like a time bomb....tick tick tick
    I think you are absolutely right on all your points here. There is no way that he could come off as a sane and stable person during an interview.

FORT Fogey

Since TV is for entertainment I have no doubt that Seth was chosen for drama. I am sure he is a good pastry chef, as well. If you have equally qualified people applying, of course casting is going to choose some interesting personalities. I have no problem with that. Tom is adamant that the dish before them is judged and the judges pay no attentioin to what happens in the kitchen. However Bravo reserves the right to join in the judging and when two dishes are equally bad, you know they insist on the drama staying. That is what happened with Seth. I still see this show as operating with integrity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast