+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4067882;
    You just know they are going to keep Seth around as long as possible, unfortunately.

This show is hard to watch...I find myself wanting to eat everything they show. I never had that problem with the regular show. lol
    I want to taste everything on Top Chef but seeing the judges having to taste all the sweets is uncomfortable. I can't imagine eating that much dessert in one sitting! I love dessert, too, just in much smaller quantity!

It was very clear that Bravo stepped in and used their power to insist on keeping Seth. He clearly had the worst dessert.

I think that Seth is seriously emotionally stunted.First of all what grown man in his 30s still refers to his mom as "mommy"?..out loud!That combined with his outburts and histrionics make him look like a 5-year-old child in a man's body.Definately unattractive and a bit disturbing.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;4068024;
    I think that Seth is seriously emotionally stunted.First of all what grown man in his 30s still refers to his mom as "mommy"?..out loud!That combined with his outburts and histrionics make him look like a 5-year-old child in a man's body.Definately unattractive and a bit disturbing.
    Very true! As a mom, I would be completely humiliated if my child acted like that on television.
    At least if it were just the one break-down, maybe he could recover, but it was one after another. All of the other chefs are having to watch out for this emotionally fragile person who can seem to freak-out at any moment. I
    t seems that the producers want him for ratings and drama, but I doubt that is what is best for him OR the other chefs.

As far as Seth calling his mother, mommy, not that big a deal. It could be a pet name for her for all we know. I will even allow Seth a mental breakdown during the quickfire challenge. But it stops there. His attitude back at the loft, then the bar, then during the elimination challenge. uh, uh, He behaved like a spoiled, self righteous brat. I give kudos to Yigit to being the most diplomatic in how he talked to him. I do feel sorry for Zac and the chocolate squares. Even when Seth tries to be nice he is a complete failure. The fellow needs a big chill pill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When I saw Seth last episode, I got a kind of "Dexter"-like vibe from him, and kind of like him. Now, I just want him to go away.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I think Zac is the one to beat. I'll be surprised if he doesn't win it all. His desserts are well thought out, original, and perfectly executed.

I think the bandage on the girl's forehead is for acne. Some kind of medication I suppose because you can see without the bandage she has some acne issues there.

Seth should be a little more mature at 33. Outbursts like his should stop somewhere in your twenties I should think. Kudos to him for trying to make up for his actions by offering to assist the other contestants.

He sounded like Dennis Hopper in that, well known, scene from "Blue Velvet"! Creepy coming out of Mr. Hopper and creepy coming out of Seth!
    I think that I'll be Seth for Halloween! I'll wear a Top Chef jacket , carry blue cake on a plate, put a lump on my neck and I'll walk around saying "Mommy, mommy, mommy"!

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;4068119;
    When I saw Seth last episode, I got a kind of "Dexter"-like vibe from him, and kind of like him. Now, I just want him to go away.
    Or possibly Norman Bates? Mommy is probably in an upstairs bedroom!

This isn't Top Chef, it's the The Seth show! I noticed that a mentally messed up in one way or another contestant is a new reality trend after. Apprentice has 2 of them, Top Model had one, Survivor has 3 of them, Top Chef has Seth, BB had 1-2.

These contestants need to learn how to ignore him. It's not hard and he is only as emotionally contagious as they let him be. The little smirk or laugh that Yigit did ignited it at the bar. I also didn't like how he said he was acting selfish. So he should think of everybody else first? He's not there to play for you! I don't like how Seth acts but if he's gonna criticize him, he seriously needs to come up with a better reason. It's like when people use hater or they're just jealous excuses. They are lame and usually have no specific reasons to back them up.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4068123;
    I think Zac is the one to beat. I'll be surprised if he doesn't win it all. His desserts are well thought out, original, and perfectly executed.

I think the bandage on the girl's forehead is for acne. Some kind of medication I suppose because you can see without the bandage she has some acne issues there.

Seth should be a little more mature at 33. Outbursts like his should stop somewhere in your twenties I should think. Kudos to him for trying to make up for his actions by offering to assist the other contestants.
    Really?? I don't think what he did is acceptable for a 5 year old...maybe 2 or 3. Seth is a shining example of what happens when things aren't dealt with at the appropriate age. Although, I'm not so sure his problems don't run a little deeper...I seriously think there might be much, much deeper issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast