+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Chef: DC 9/22 Reunion Show Discussion

Re: Top Chef: DC 9/22 Reunion Show Discussion

That makes sense. As I stated before I figured there had to be a limit to the number of cameras. I don't think that Amanda and Kelly lied (Alex did mention having peas when in the house talking to Kenny and Co. but said he didn't know what to do with them-this is before the puree was made). I just found it funny that with all of the shopping and prep they do we didn't see the peas. The only scene I remember of Alex with peas in a pan was when it was already a puree and he was heating it to add to his dish.

This is why I was glad that Tiffany and Angelo let it die out. It is one of those things that will forever remain a mystery, and while the fans can speculate forever it wouldn't be fair to Alex if people who were there continued to call Alex out. I've never been an Alex fan but he didn't come off in the best light on this show even without peagate.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4068424;
    I didn't see the reunion show, but Andy had on both Angelo and Tiffany last night on WWHL. They were the 2 finalists for fan favorite.
    Glad to see that Tiffany won!
    I thought she would win, based on the fact they chose her for the All-Stars show.

I wished they had chosen Ed along with Angelo for the All-Stars season. I think he is funnier than Tiffany. But I did see Ed as a sous chef on the most recent Iron Chef, so the network hasn't not left him out in the cold. Didn't the blonde, spiky-haired Ann who now has her own show and hosting gigs start as a sous chef on Iron Chef? Maybe bigger things will be in store for Ed down the line!

We're looking forward to the next season - they brought back a lot of memorable people!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4068631;
    They actually show Alex with peas at one point, or a pan of peas cooking that day. I don't believe Alex physically stole Ed's puree, but I DO think he probably stole the idea of a puree.

Tom, on his blog, explains that there can only be two cameras in the kitchen, because it IS about the food, and they do really have that time limit, and it would be unfair to expect the chefs to maneuver around too many cameramen and equipment, especially in the case of this particular challenge where they were in someone else's kitchen. I'm sure the TC kitchen is designed with room for a more extensive camera crew, but most restaurant kitchens are not. So I think it's viable that they don't have footage of it.

It's interesting that on Gail's blog, when asked about this, she said she can't imagine anyone trying to steal something because they have so many cameras on them. So, too many cameras for someone to get away with a quick theft but not enough to actually get footage of a dish being prepared? Something doesn't seem to add up.

I understand that without incriminating evidence, there's really nothing that can be done but I think Tom went way overboard in getting so upset with viewers who complained.

I am left unsatisfied about the whole pea thing. Some things just don't make sense. Why wasn't there any film with Alex buying the peas, let alone making the puree in the morning? For all Amanda knows, he could have just popped Ed's puree into the blender to look like it was his own.

Another thing: just where did Ed's puree go?? Surely, they would have turned up somewhere?!! How could they just disappear into thin air? Before when someone has left something, they show that to us.

I just think something is fishy about the whole thing but I don't think there is enough evidence besides speculation for Bravo to point the finger at Alex.

FORT Fogey

I almost think maybe the cleaning crews tossed it and they didn't know. The pea puree was actually pretty under the radar until it went missing. I'm trying to remember other things that got left behind.... I remember Stephenie's pork belly being left out all night, but that was easy enough to get footage of even if it was only brought to the camera crew's attention the next day, when they came back to the same kitchen.

I think what makes it all plausible is that they began this process in one kitchen, and finished it in another. That means things could get lost or shuffled around in transit. It also means that if the crew doesn't know something is a problem, and it becomes a big issue, they can't go back and focus on it.

Not a bad reunion. I really loved watching the judges goofing off. Tom was hysterical...who knew!? He and Padma seem to have a great friendship. I really liked Angleo during the season, and while yes, he came across as cocky more than a few times, you really didn't see or hear him being vindictive or trashing another competitor the way they did to him at times. I thought his practical jokes with the other guys were really funny. He seemed quirky, yes, but also a nice-enough guy if a little strange. I'm so looking forward to the all-star season, with the exception of Mike I and Spike.

I could care less about peagate.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4071389;
    Not a bad reunion. I really loved watching the judges goofing off. Tom was hysterical...who knew!? He and Padma seem to have a great friendship. I really liked Angleo during the season, and while yes, he came across as cocky more than a few times, you really didn't see or hear him being vindictive or trashing another competitor the way they did to him at times. I thought his practical jokes with the other guys were really funny. He seemed quirky, yes, but also a nice-enough guy if a little strange. I'm so looking forward to the all-star season, with the exception of Mike I and Spike.

That part was great. Tom just wasn't the Tom we knew and loved this season so it was wonderful to see him be so silly and fun!

I loved seeing all of them, having so much fun and goofing off. I'm sure the stress and strain they are under is pretty heavy and acting silly must be a great way to ease the pressure. I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4068808;
    I thought she would win, based on the fact they chose her for the All-Stars show.

I wished they had chosen Ed along with Angelo for the All-Stars season. I think he is funnier than Tiffany. But I did see Ed as a sous chef on the most recent Iron Chef, so the network hasn't not left him out in the cold. Didn't the blonde, spiky-haired Ann who now has her own show and hosting gigs start as a sous chef on Iron Chef? Maybe bigger things will be in store for Ed down the line!
    We're looking forward to the next season - they brought back a lot of memorable people!
    Anne Burrell was a sous chef to Mario Battali on Iron Chef.
    I wish the Food Network had kept Mario and gotten rid of Anne.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I heartily second that. I loathe pea puree (or anything food with a baby-food consistency that a chef decides to grace my plate with). It's also not a dish that's hard to make, and takes very little time to whip up.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123