+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: DC 9/22 Reunion Show Discussion

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Re: Top Chef: DC 9/22 Reunion Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4067334;
    Andy is a lousy host. Anyone know anything about him and why he has his own show on Bravo? He must own Bravo. That is the only reason I can think of.
    Andy is indeed one of the higher ups at the Bravo network.

I fell asleep! Who is going to be on All-Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;4067281;
    I find the no footage suspect as well. I see no reason for Kelly and Amanda to lie. Alex very well may have knowingly or unknowingly stolen the idea, but I don't think he stole the peas. Sounds like he had a batch of peas that weren't that great and made puree with them. Whether he got the idea from Ed or not it was probably his only choice to integrate them.
    That really only proves that he had peas and began a puree. Kelly said his peas were not great. What if his puree came out bad and he simply disposed of the bad puree and took Ed's? That footage needed to show how Ed lost a puree he not only completed but liked the taste of.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4067348;
    I fell asleep! Who is going to be on All-Stars?

LOL! I saw it and still had trouble remembering!

Unless I am mistaken, it's Angelo and Tiffany from the most recent season.

Not sure if it was "staged" or not, but I give Kevin credit for being able to remember the names of all the winners before him. Faces I could remember . . . names, not so much.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4067358;
    That really only proves that he had peas and began a puree. Kelly said his peas were not great. What if his puree came out bad and he simply disposed of the bad puree and took Ed's? That footage needed to show how Ed lost a puree he not only completed but liked the taste of.
    I got the same impression as well after watching last night's show. Alex doesn't seem very convincing in denying that he stole Ed's PP, and he could easily have made his own, and then unwittingly taken Ed's by mistake, thinking it was his own (Didn't everyone comment on what a sloppy mess he was in the kitchen? Maybe he misplaced the one he made), or purposely co-opted Ed's when his turned out poorly, thinking he would get away with it.

I didn't see the reunion show, but Andy had on both Angelo and Tiffany last night on WWHL. They were the 2 finalists for fan favorite.
    Glad to see that Tiffany won!
    And, each said that Alex was NOT guily of the pea puree gate!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Didn't see any mention of it, but Tiffany won fan favorite. Hopefully next season they just announce it during the reunion and then I don't have to go searching for clips of "Wacth what happens now" to find out who won it.

Andy "beat a dead horse" Cohen asked Tiffany did she believe Alex stole the pea puree. She said "no", but she didn't seem very convincing. I think everyone is over talking about it because they know that no answers are forthcoming.

The entire pea puree thing was handled very badly by Bravo. They have footage of Ed flirting and wearing dresses but none of Alex buying, preparing, or being within 20 feet of a pea before he was putting that puree on his dish. I remember they have shown in the past a chef leave a dish behind, someone turning an oven down or a stovetop up, or a fridge door open, and yet we don't have 60 seconds of Alex near anything that would make a pea puree. Unbelieveable.

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

I agree, KeepItReal.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4067358;
    My impression was that the peas in general were starchy and not great for either Ed or Alex. Whether Alex stole the idea for a puree from Ed or not I don't know. Tom has spoken at length about pea gate on his Bravo blog, and discusses how filming is done in more detail. I tend to believe the statement made during the reunion that the footage of making the puree or stealing the puree would have been more a dramatic end note to the debate than not having it.

Oh sure it's true they may not have it, but my point is that they should. This competition is about the food, and they have all of this crap with Ed, people joking in the stew room, etc., all of which I like to see, but it's not why we really watch TC. They should, however, make sure to try to focus on what each contestant is doing. I can understand they can't have a camera for each person, but the fact that no camera caught any aspect of Alex making a component of a dish means that those cameras must actually miss a lot during preparation. I miss the days when we knew why someone's dish cooked too quickly or why someone's dessert melted.

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

They actually show Alex with peas at one point, or a pan of peas cooking that day. I don't believe Alex physically stole Ed's puree, but I DO think he probably stole the idea of a puree.

Tom, on his blog, explains that there can only be two cameras in the kitchen, because it IS about the food, and they do really have that time limit, and it would be unfair to expect the chefs to maneuver around too many cameramen and equipment, especially in the case of this particular challenge where they were in someone else's kitchen. I'm sure the TC kitchen is designed with room for a more extensive camera crew, but most restaurant kitchens are not. So I think it's viable that they don't have footage of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast