+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

Re: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

This week might be a double elimination...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Yep, it's another double elimination. I don't know why they're in such a hurry to get rid of people -- since it's All-Stars I would think they would want to extend the season a little.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4144541;
    Yep, it's another double elimination. I don't know why they're in such a hurry to get rid of people -- since it's All-Stars I would think they would want to extend the season a little.
    I don't think they have started casting for the next season yet either.

You would think they would want to stretch this out as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4144541;
    I think they are trying to make sure they get rid of Jaime!

On the more serious side, perhaps they have learned that at this point, there is usually someone who is always second worst and programmed it in. Since this would had to have been set up pre-season I believe.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;4144592;
    I don't think they have started casting for the next season yet either.

You would think they would want to stretch this out as long as possible.
    Well, if the pattern holds true, there will be another season of Top Chef Masters (and maybe another season of Desserts) before there's another regular Top Chef season.

When does Gail have time to work at her magazine?

There were rumors of a Top Chef Jr. show (for kid chefs) floating around too, but I haven't seen anything about that lately.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4144784;
    Well, if the pattern holds true, there will be another season of Top Chef Masters (and maybe another season of Desserts) before there's another regular Top Chef season.

When does Gail have time to work at her magazine?

There were rumors of a Top Chef Jr. show (for kid chefs) floating around too, but I haven't seen anything about that lately.
    Wow, I would love to watch that, but wouldn't there be an age limit. There are lots on time restrictions for filming kids under 18.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4144944;
    Wow, I would love to watch that, but wouldn't there be an age limit. There are lots on time restrictions for filming kids under 18.
    Would this be considered an unscripted reality show? There are less restrictions on filming those, I believe. But people are working to close those loopholes that exploit children by long filming hours (IMHO).

I don't think I would want to watch children doing this show however teenagers aspiring to be chefs would be fun. I sure there are some teens that are pretty good chefs already. Most of the the Top Chef's talk about how they developed their culinary taste at a early age.

I think a Top Chef Jr would be interesting but difficult to formulate for various reasons. Many of the chefs begin their interest at an early age and more and more kids are interested in cooking and what goes into what they put into their mouths. My son is 8 and can tell you what Sous-vide is and can rattle off the names of various chefs and what their techniques are, he is currently obsessed with Wylie Dufresne and Richard Blais (he tells everybody he wants to be a chef/entomologist/archeologist when he grows up! LOL). At his age, I was good knowing what grilled cheese was! I think him and other kids like him would love seeing contestants a bit closer to their ages on one of these shows.

If they are planning something like this? They are brilliant and tapping into an untouched market, kids who are foodies and are interesting in cooking because of course the parents will watch right along with the kids.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I found this on eater:
    Photos! Spoilers! Top Chef All-Stars in Whole Foods in NYC : Rumormongering : Eater National

Now why would Kevin show up? They usually bring past winners back for the finale. I had read elsewhere that this seasons finale is filmed in Malaysia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast