+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

NO!!

They got rid of my girl, Tiffany. I absolutely loved her and her great attitude.
    I still like Kelly.
    Angelo seems like a good chef, but he just turns me off.
    Loved Anthony Bouurdain's comments, especially those directed at Ripert who can be kind of pompous.
    What was with Padma's outfits - can't she find clothes that fit and flatter her?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4053499;
    Do you think that Tiffany's dish would have been any better if she had been able to put the mussels in or was it just the pepper skins that ruined it? I must say that the idea of freeze dried fish and seafood doesn't appeal to me. I wonder why she went with fish.

I also wonder if she really wanted to go to Singapore. She didn't seem to fight as hard for the win as she has previously.
    I do believe Tiffany wanted Singapore, badly, but understood her dish failed. Also, keep in mind we only see a small fraction of the back and forth judging remarks ... edited down to fit within the hour show and, of course, for drama/entertainment.

Anyway, Tom Colicchio blogged on the Bravo page (where you can always find the real scoop) ...
    "Tiffany had many fans, but I haven’t received too many angry tweets about her elimination. I think it was clear to viewers that she was disadvantaged by the inadvertent freezing of her mussels and might not be able to fully compensate for their loss. And when you look at the five dishes presented, her concept just wasn’t as nuanced and sophisticated as the others. Curried fish over rice? Really? It might have been prepared beautifully, but compared with the other dishes, Tiffany’s just didn’t go far enough. We were looking for food that could be served in space; we were also looking for food that was out of this world. We were aiming for the stratosphere….

"So while Tiffany presented a delicious dish, and while her execution didn’t lag too far behind that of Angelo’s, there was a wider gap in the level of sophistication of the dishes … and that gap cost her a seat on the flight to Singapore."

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4053687;
    NO!!

They got rid of my girl, Tiffany. I absolutely loved her and her great attitude.
    I still like Kelly.
    Angelo seems like a good chef, but he just turns me off.
    Loved Anthony Bouurdain's comments, especially those directed at Ripert who can be kind of pompous.
    What was with Padma's outfits - can't she find clothes that fit and flatter her?
    Totally agree with you here!! I know she has a little extra baby weight, but I feel like she is doing everything she can to accentuate it, rather than trying to camouflage it. Everything does not to have to be skin tight!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;4053479;
    I'm actually probably one of the few who's glad Tiffany's gone. Sure, I'd have liked for Kevin to be eliminated even more, but I've always found Tiffany to be loud and obnoxious, particularly once she started winning challenges. I mean, yeah, she's got the skills, but as a personality on television, she's just annoyed the heck out of me this season and was only second to Kenny in terms of being the most annoying chef in the house.

Glad Angelo made it into the finals; was pulling for him from the first episode. Even though he might come off as cocky to some, I've found his confidence to be more on the matter-of-fact side than Kenny's seemingly delusional over-inflated self-worth, .
    I agree on both counts. Tiffany started to annoy the hell out of me when she started winning. She should have been a bit more humble, even if she has to fake it like Angelo. Angelo is definitely cocky as well but he knows it, that's why he tries to put on the fake "I'm so surprised I won!" look every time he had a win. And he knows when to shut up instead of letting the mouth run, as in the stew room during Resturant Wars when the other team was going ape over Alex's non creation of a dish. It does not make Angelo more palatable to me, but it's less annoying than Tiffany, at least to me.

I also dislike Kevin. He's the new douche bag of the house. What is a grown-a$# man doing with a upturned/popped collar doing on TV!? He and Angelo (I don't remember is Ed does too) look like douche bags doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4053745;
    Totally agree with you here!! I know she has a little extra baby weight, but I feel like she is doing everything she can to accentuate it, rather than trying to camouflage it. Everything does not to have to be skin tight!!
    I noticed Padma's extra baby weight too and I was happy to see it. I admired it actually. I can relate more to a real person who doesn't lose all the baby weight overnight like a lot of the celebs do. My youngest is 35 yrs old and I still haven't lost all the baby weight!!

Padma may not have any say in how they dress her but her clothes this season really are not anything as nice as they were in previous seasons.

I liked Tiffany. I knew she or Kevin would go but when the mussels froze it didn't look good for her. I'm glad she left with 20k and a honeymoon to Paris. Kevin is on my last nerve and I hope he goes next week. Kelly is the underdog so I am pulling for her plus it's a girl power thing. lol We have only had one female winner so it would be nice to see her put out stellar food and a surprise win. Did you see Eric's face when Angelo was talking about making love to the ribs? LOL

None of the chefs this season are particularly inspiring to me and none of their food is, either.

I thought the chef that made the lamb chops (was that Ed?) should have gone because you can't readily get rid of bones in space.

Did anyone else notice that Angelo constantly dips his tasting spoon back in the pot? Yuck. I'm starting to think chefs do that all the time and I don't want to eat in restaurants anymore if that's always going on.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4054075;
    I noticed Padma's extra baby weight too and I was happy to see it. I admired it actually. I can relate more to a real person who doesn't lose all the baby weight overnight like a lot of the celebs do. My youngest is 35 yrs old and I still haven't lost all the baby weight!!

Padma may not have any say in how they dress her but her clothes this season really are not anything as nice as they were in previous seasons.
    I don't mind the extra weight at all (it's actually kind of refreshing). I just think she should dress accordingly. Actually, if they had the right clothes, we would probably not even notice the extra weight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;4054498;
    Did anyone else notice that Angelo constantly dips his tasting spoon back in the pot? Yuck. I'm starting to think chefs do that all the time and I don't want to eat in restaurants anymore if that's always going on.
    I agree, it's gross. But if it's something really hot, it probably doesn't actually matter... just mentally icky!

Tiffany going makes me sad, but I do understand what Tom said about the level of sophistication of the dishes.

I wonder if they keep the refrigerator cooler because it gets opened and closed so much? That would let some of the cold air out, and maybe they're compensating. Maybe in this particular challenge, fewer people were refrigerating and that's why the mussels froze?

I guess I'm rooting for Kelly or Ed now. Kevin is just immature, and Angelo seems unprofessional to me. I think part of being a chef is having integrity and working with others, etc, and Angelo doesn't seem to have that. It's the same reason I thought Kevin should have won last season over Michael V.

On a happier note - Eric Ripert and Anthony Bourdain judging at the same time??? My heart almost burst from happiness!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast