+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4053393;
    That makes three of us. Kevin seems to have a fairly short fuse lately. Maybe the competition or just the situation--living with your competitors, being away from home for an extended period of time--is getting to him. I don't remember him seeming so angry earlier in the competition. He also seems more interested in beating Angelo than winning himself, and that usually doesn't bode well for a cheftestant.

I thought Angelo looked genuinely shocked that Tiffany was going home. He clearly went over to her to congratulate her for making the final four. However, even if she didn't make the final four, she did win a nice bit of cash ($20,000, I think) and a Paris honeymoon, so it's not as if she didn't get a couple of very nice consolation prizes. I don't suppose that was much immediate consolation for her, but perhaps it will be eventually.
    I was very sad to see Tiffany go. She was such a breath of fresh air with her upbeat happy personality.
    I have always felt that Kevin has a problem with his short fuse, losing his temper too fast, too much but other than that, he didn't bother me until tonight. When he was complaining about how all the other contestants had this or that or had their own restaurant, etc and he didn't, he lost my support. Maybe the reason for that is he hasn't (1) "paid his dues" yet, (2)he hasn't gotten a lucky break or (3) maybe he's not as good as they are.
    This isn't about if life is fair, it's about who has the best skills and talent.
    I so dislike whiney, poor-little-me people. Better you should win over the "best of the best" rather than all things considered, it's your turn to win. :nono

*screams* No! I cannot believe Tiffany went. I thought she was the strongest person on the show and most deserving to win. She consistently lands in the top and cooks a great variety. The good attitude is just a plus on the side. I am so shocked she is out too. It was easy to predict with their editing, but still very disappointing.

Now I hope Kelly wins. She seems to be the most well rounded, and I think that is the kind of person who should win (I've been thinking that for a while though). She even said that she had to learn how to do lots of different things when she first got her restaurant. She did the desert that didn't bomb (RISKY), won the children's challenge, won the exotic ingredient quickfire. Can't remember a ton more but I think I've only seen here in the bottom once or twice. Angelo is good, but he's basically only Asian food, and I'd rather see a jack of all trades win.

Very sad to see Tiffany go! I will miss her laugh. Even through tears she still laughed. I was suspicious that she would go home but, I was hoping I was wrong based on the PI's we've seen of her where her hair was a bit shorter. I thought that meant she might have made it into the finals and gotten a haircut during the time they send them home before the finale. Alas it was not to be. I think with them going to Singapore the seasonwill probably be Angelo's to lose. I'm not that invested in the season now. I already had tuned out a bit when Kenny left. Tiffany was last hope. I like ed okm but no one really speaks out to me to win no wthat Tiffany is gone.

BTW, Angelo's son is with his ex-wife. His fiancee' is a long distance relationhsip and they've only seen each other a couple of times in person. I'm thinking his fiancee' is arranged marriage or online relationship type thing.jmo

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4053454;
    Very sad to see Tiffany go! I will miss her laugh. Even through tears she still laughed. I was suspicious that she would go home but, I was hoping I was wrong based on the PI's we've seen of her where her hair was a bit shorter. I thought that meant she might have made it into the finals and gotten a haircut during the time they send them home before the finale. Alas it was not to be. I think with them going to Singapore the seasonwill probably be Angelo's to lose. I'm not that invested in the season now. I already had tuned out a bit when Kenny left. Tiffany was last hope. I like ed okm but no one really speaks out to me to win no wthat Tiffany is gone.

BTW, Angelo's son is with his ex-wife. His fiancee' is a long distance relationhsip and they've only seen each other a couple of times in person. I'm thinking his fiancee' is arranged marriage or online relationship type thing.jmo

Or a stalker

Man I am stoked.....Tiffany was eliminated. Oh well, but no fretts because she has a good standings at GO Fish here in Dallas. Not to mention the butt load of stuff she's won. The experience along was icing on the cake.

I'm actually probably one of the few who's glad Tiffany's gone. Sure, I'd have liked for Kevin to be eliminated even more, but I've always found Tiffany to be loud and obnoxious, particularly once she started winning challenges. I mean, yeah, she's got the skills, but as a personality on television, she's just annoyed the heck out of me this season and was only second to Kenny in terms of being the most annoying chef in the house.

Glad Angelo made it into the finals; was pulling for him from the first episode. Even though he might come off as cocky to some, I've found his confidence to be more on the matter-of-fact side than Kenny's seemingly delusional over-inflated self-worth, and since those two were being edited as the most likely to win from the get go, that's probably why I threw in behind Angelo.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Do you think that Tiffany's dish would have been any better if she had been able to put the mussels in or was it just the pepper skins that ruined it? I must say that the idea of freeze dried fish and seafood doesn't appeal to me. I wonder why she went with fish.

I also wonder if she really wanted to go to Singapore. She didn't seem to fight as hard for the win as she has previously.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

My favorite part of the episode was when Anthony told Angelo he had no idea what he was talking about when describing his dish!

Also thought it was funny when Anthony was calling out Eric Ripert for being so critical.

Very sad that Tiffany went home. I have always felt in past seasons that they don't just judge on the dish and they did consider their past performance, but definitely not this season. Was surprised when they sent Kenny home and surprised they sent Tiffany home as well. However, based on their dishes, I do think that Tiffany deserved to go home.

I was so sad to see Tiffany go last night. She was my favorite to make it to the end. Like others on the board, I really wish Kevin would have gone. He really seems to have developed a sour attitude lately.

Also, I LOVE Anthony Bourdain. I wish he was somewhat more of a regular on the show. He is entertaining and really tells the chefs how it is.

I must have stepped into the Twilight Zone...Anthony Bourdain being the nice guy? LOL

I'm sad for Tiffany, she was my fave of all the chefs. Now I'm rooting for Ed or Angelo. Angelo is an odd bird, but I like him and all his quirkiness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast