+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 9/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So sad that tiffany left. I wanted her, Ed, Angelo and Kelly to be the top 4... Kevin is starting to annoy me.. He's taking over as the jerk of the house.. In my opinion only...

Tiffany going sort of sucked the air out of this season for me. Haven't seen the episode and don't want to now. Hope Ed wins now I guess, but won't be heartbroken if he doesn't. I hate when someone who seems to be one of the best in the competition doesn't make it to the end.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4053362;
    Is the baby with the ex wife or the girlfriend? If it's with the girlfriend, maybe he was separated from his wife, for awhile, before getting a divorce.
    It sounds as if the baby is with his wife because the I don't think the fiancee is mentioned all in this episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah_608;4053364;
    So sad that tiffany left. I wanted her, Ed, Angelo and Kelly to be the top 4... Kevin is starting to annoy me.. He's taking over as the jerk of the house.. In my opinion only...
    I share your opinion.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What a let down. I was hoping Tiffany would win. They had something good and bad to say about everyone's food it seemed.

Is it the curse of the faulty appliances again? I would assume she would know if she was refrigerating them rather than putting them in the freezer. I don't quite understand how they froze. Is the frig turned down too low to combat all the previous seasons where we've seen things go bad from it being too warm?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4053369;
    I share your opinion.
    That makes three of us. Kevin seems to have a fairly short fuse lately. Maybe the competition or just the situation--living with your competitors, being away from home for an extended period of time--is getting to him. I don't remember him seeming so angry earlier in the competition. He also seems more interested in beating Angelo than winning himself, and that usually doesn't bode well for a cheftestant.

I thought Angelo looked genuinely shocked that Tiffany was going home. He clearly went over to her to congratulate her for making the final four. However, even if she didn't make the final four, she did win a nice bit of cash ($20,000, I think) and a Paris honeymoon, so it's not as if she didn't get a couple of very nice consolation prizes. I don't suppose that was much immediate consolation for her, but perhaps it will be eventually.

FORT Fogey

Just a quick addendum...I just saw the end of the episode again, and I think Tiffany may have been suspicious that she was going, I thought she looked a little less confident when she received her final compliments from the judges and disappointed but not necessarily shocked when Padma called her name (and boy, did Padma rush through that announcement). I wonder if the judging comments were edited to make them look more balanced than they were. Maybe it was more apparent to the contestants than it was to the viewers that Tiffany might be the one going home.

I can't believe Tiffany is gone It's been many seasons since I've genuinely liked and rooted for any Top Chef contestant and now she's gone. Was it ever explained why Tom raised his brows when Angelo told him what he was making?

Damn, that was a tough one to swallow. Why couldn't the judges pull a S6 Project Runway and base their judging on the contestants' track record (in reference to Gordana's elimination)? I don't really have anyone to root for now... go Kelly?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

This may not be the last we've seen from Tiffany. Rumour has it that she's on next season's All Star season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast