+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef wins Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef wins Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program

I have a feeling if I were to ever win an Emmy, I'd probably act like that. We have to remember that while Padma is on TV, she's not an actress, nor are Tom, Gail, Eric, etc.

It was great to see how excited Tom, Padma and Gail were. Yes, Padma acted a little 'tipsy' but it wasn't super-obnoxious I guess. Distracting, sure, but not totally obnoxious. Congrats to them, they were the next show after TAR that I wanted to see take home the prize. Out of the nominees I really only watch TAR, PR, and TC so I would have been happy with any of them winning. I'm surprised though that Survivor wasn't nominated, after the Russell Show x 2.

I don't think there was anything wrong with how Padma acted. She was happy and excited! It happens in life!

Can't people act happy and celebrate anymore? When did Miss Manners suddenly take over all the fun in the world? Not on my block!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052145;
    I don't think there was anything wrong with how Padma acted. She was happy and excited! It happens in life!

Can't people act happy and celebrate anymore? When did Miss Manners suddenly take over all the fun in the world? Not on my block!
    Agreed!! I missed that part of show and caught it on You tube after reading people's comments and couldn't see what was wrong with how she acted.

I get that Padma was excited...I mean, this was huge! But I think it's rude whenever someone interrupts anyone else, and she wasn't just interrupting, she was doing it during an award acceptance speech. No one else did that, even though you could tell they were all really excited. And she did it more than once.

(And I think she was the only one during the 3-hour show who interrupted the current speaker.)

I was surprised that TC won. This is the first season I'm watching it. I am enjoying it, but I'm still surprised to see it win over something like DWTS, AI or even Survivor which wasn't even nominated.

I'm not a fan of Padma. I'd actually prefer Gail or someone more knowledgeable with food to be the host.
    I do think she was excited about the win, which is fine. However, she made the win all about her and that was probably what turned off a lot of us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thank God The "Amazing" Race didn't win. That show is totally dead to me. Last season I missed a couple episodes and didn't even remember that I missed them it was so bad. I still don't even know who won. The challenges are boring , the people don't interest me that much, and the editing makes the show seem really short. Amazing? Not any more. Plus I am really turned off by the whole "lets invite a bunch of "locals" to laugh at and make fun of the contestants" thing they have introduced.

The "I'll say" part wasn't bad at all. She did seem a little drunk or "happy" but nothing she did was as bad as it's being made out to be here.
    Last edited by Endit; 09-02-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4052496;
    I was surprised that TC won. This is the first season I'm watching it. I am enjoying it, but I'm still surprised to see it win over something like DWTS, AI or even Survivor which wasn't even nominated.

I'm not a fan of Padma. I'd actually prefer Gail or someone more knowledgeable with food to be the host.
    I do think she was excited about the win, which is fine. However, she made the win all about her and that was probably what turned off a lot of us.
    I don't consider myself a Padma fan or not a fan, but perhaps most here are not aware that in addition to being a model and an actress, Padma Lakshmi is a chef, hosted a series on The Food Network and is an award winning cookbook author (for her first cookbook published in the late 90s).

Nonetheless, I am a huge fan of Top Chef since season one when Katie Lee Joel hosted. Although a chef and overall foodie in her own right, as a host she proved boringly one note. Overall, Padma was highly embraced as the replacement judge/host season two.

I get it that some people don't care for Padma's personality ... but that is a matter of taste for the girl is qualified --- far more qualified, IMO, than whats-his-name that hosts Dancing with the Stars, someone I find exceptionally annoying.

ETA: Overlooked mentioning that Gail Simmons will be either hosting or head judge on the soon to be released new Top Chef spin off ... I am certain details already posted somewhere within the forum.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 09-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12