+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 8/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ed won the Quickfire AND the Elimination! Tiffany was runner-up both times. A great week!

Amanda went home, although Angelo and Kevin could have just as easily gone. But Amanda needed to go weeks ago, so it's all good either way.

Also, Ed walked around the house in Tiffany's yellow sundress for some reason.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thank you so much. Once again my two favorites rocked, and I'm glad it was Amanda who went home. It was overdo.

ETA-The sundress thing I can live without seeing-lol

What's going on with Angelo? He's sinking like a stone lately.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 08-26-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Ed won and Amanda went home.

Agree with you Bearcata! Ed won and Amanda went home.

Leaving Kevin to complain about Angelo the entire episode at least one more time.

The others complain about Angelo, but not the entire episode...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4048415;
    Kevin should shut up about Angelo and worry about himself and so should Ed and Tiffany. Angelo is too busy trying to find his focus to sabotage anyone.
    I didn't understand Tiffany's attempt to throw Angelo under the bus during the judging. She clearly doesn't need to do that, and Angelo's been struggling lately, so he's less of an obvious threat. Plus, unless it's all in the editing, he seems to have toned down the obnoxious behavior to some extent. Did she feel she needed to defend Kevin or something? Are they close, and I've somehow missed that?

At least Ed stepped up to the plate (pardon the pun) and helped Angelo with his sandwiches when he panicked about having to expedite the orders and do his own dish. The judges' description of his dish did make me want to try it, so I was happy he won and got the trip to Australia, particularly since Tiffany has already won $20,000 and a trip to Paris. Besides, while I'm sure her dish was good, I didn't think it was all that original an idea and not especially upscale, and part of the challenge was to do an upscale ballpark dish. Also, I'm with Eric--I don't particularly like it when sandwiches are so big they're awkward to eat.

I'm really liking Ed. He makes obnoxius comments now and then. But he seems to be a stand up guy.

It seems like from the beginning there was team Kenny and team Angelo. Most of Angelo's supporters, if not all, are now gone. Wonder how much of that is taking a toll on him.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

What's wrong with Angelo lately? He used to be at the top of the pack, but now it seems he has lost his confidence and is slowly decreasing in the ranks. Meanwhile, Ed is slowly increasing; I'm now taking notice of him. He can potentially be a dark horse for the win.

But even with Angelo's sudden fall, I think all 5 of them can win at this point. If I had to place a bet, I would think the two girls have the best chance at winning, moreso Tiffany.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The Angelo hate is getting really annoying. Maybe he really is just a nice guy who wants to help out?

Tiffany throwing Angelo under the bus was COMPLETELY unnecessary. She was just trying to make Angelo look bad, but it was pointless because these judges are judginhg on food and food alone.

Ed I'm on the fence about. I kind of think he is a douche sometimes. Wasn't he bragging that he slept with ANgelo's girlfriend in college or something while they were still dating?

I think Amanda only went home this round based on her past performances. I think Kevin or Angelo should have gone home last round because apparently the only thing wrong with Amanda's food was the greying tuna. I think the judges realized though that Angelo and Kevin, though they sucked this round, have much more potential than Amanda so they cut her instead.

I hope Angelo wins just to piss off the rest of his cast makes

I really like Tiffany and hope she wins. If not her then Ed. I didn't love her speaking up about Angelo but his actions did cause some drama in the kitchen. And I don't think Angelo is quite as innocent as he's pretending. He said as much to the camera and warranted or not he's "helped" several people and they've gone home. He "helped" Amanda this time too all while saying to the camera that he knew what could have fixed her dish and chose not to share that info. Tiffany on the other hand tasted someone's (Kevin?) food and was honest with them. She said something like 'no one's going home because of Tiffany'. I understand it's a competition so Angelo doesn't need to offer advice but I must be more like Tiffany. I'd rather win against someone doing their best than not. It's seems to me to be more a true win. I'd rather win at pool anyday because I win not because someone scratches on the 8 ball. I've always felt like that's not really a win in my column as a loss in the other person's. I win by default and that's not the way I want to win. I believe that's Tiffany's thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;4048695;
    The Angelo hate is getting really annoying. Maybe he really is just a nice guy who wants to help out?

Tiffany throwing Angelo under the bus was COMPLETELY unnecessary. She was just trying to make Angelo look bad, but it was pointless because these judges are judginhg on food and food alone.

Ed I'm on the fence about. I kind of think he is a douche sometimes. Wasn't he bragging that he slept with ANgelo's girlfriend in college or something while they were still dating?

I think Amanda only went home this round based on her past performances. I think Kevin or Angelo should have gone home last round because apparently the only thing wrong with Amanda's food was the greying tuna. I think the judges realized though that Angelo and Kevin, though they sucked this round, have much more potential than Amanda so they cut her instead.

I hope Angelo wins just to piss off the rest of his cast makes
    How many times as Angelo thrown people under the bus?? When you have been cocky for so long that stuff comes back to bite you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast