+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef now airs at 10PM ET, not 9PM, for the rest of the season.

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef 8/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

And let the Alex bashing begin...

Ed is really growing on me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I think the winner of this challenge would be to come up with something edible out of these mystery boxes. LOL
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Tiffany is starting to own this competition. OWN IT GIRL!

Kevin needs to stop worrying about Alex or he will find himself going home sooner than he should.

Angelo seems very thrown by Kenny's being gone. Realizes it doesn't mean crap to be the best on this show, but the most consistant and not screw up.

Ed is becoming more and more likable.

Alex will be gone soon enough, if he makes it to top three this show would be officially a joke. Lisa making it was bad enough.

Note to Alex: In your case Open Mind = No clue what to do. Doesn't help dude.

Well that was a bit unexpected. Wonder how it will effrect the rest of the comp.

While Ed is growing on me, it is the opposite with Kevin, he is becoming uber annoying. I kinda wish Kevin went home tonight.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;4042142;
    Well that was a bit unexpected. Wonder how it will effrect the rest of the comp.
    What was "that"? Just coming on here in Phoenix, and I love to know ahead of time. Thanks!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

I liked Angelo better tonight than I have before, simply because he owned up to the fact that he'd screwed up and admitted that if he went home for that dish, he deserved it. He's struck me as being too cocky before, but tonight he was honest about himself and his dish and didn't try to pretend the judges just didn't get how talented he was.

That being said, I don't think his dish was the worst of the three, and if he had gone home before Amanda or Alex, I wouldn't have felt that was the right decision. I think the judges got it right. Virtually everything was wrong about Alex's dish. At least the other two were edible.

Just a side question: there was a lot of talk about Angelo using puff pastry. Why is that a significantly bigger deal than, say, using bread you didn't bake yourself? In fact, if Tiffany had used pita bread (I didn't actually catch what was in her dish--I got distracted) rather than making her own, would that have been as critical an issue? I don't want this to be an Angelo vs. Tiffany argument, by the way. I'm not really pulling for anyone in particular this season. I'm just wondering why some things have to be made from scratch while other things the judges don't seem to mind being made by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4042168;
    What was "that"? Just coming on here in Phoenix, and I love to know ahead of time. Thanks!
    The head of the CIA is called out of the meal to handle "business". There were a few concerned glances amoung the other diners, but they had to stay for the meal. Never a dull moment at the CIA. Didn't noticably effect the rest of the comp tho.

RE: Frozen Puff Pastry. It's one of the quirks of the show. They use canned stuff all the time. But the judges have a bug up their butt about not doing your own pastry, crust, cake mix, etc.

The truth of it is, if your dish is good enough, they don't really care. But if you use pre-made stuff and still make a crappy dish, more often than not, it will be your ticket home. But as we see in the case of Angelo, unedible still goes home first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast