+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Chef 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm so glad Tiffany pulled out the double win. I like her much more than the last Tiffani who was on this show. She has been gaining momentum lately; I'd love to see her make it to the finale.

Next week is Restaurant Wars! I hope I'm not the only one who did a little happy dance when they showed the preview.

I don't think Alex has a prayer of winning. But then Hosea won, and I would have said the same of him. *shrugs*

I'm 50/50 on pea gate. When Alex talks about it, he appears guilty. But that could just be the way he reacts to things.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I'm also hoping Tiffany takes it. She seems like a great chef and I really like her. Some of the others are also starting to grow on me. This hasn't been the greatest season, but maybe it will pick up next week with Restaurant Wars.

FORT Fogey

I think there are enough personality conflicts to make Restaurant Wars interesting. No one really likes Amanda, no one seems to trust Alex to make good dishes, even though he's done pretty well pretty consistently. Kelly is crazy and won't let anyone help her or she thinks they're "taking part of her dish away from her." Angelo's a snake and no one trusts him, and Kenny thinks he's the best chef there.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4029112;
    I think there are enough personality conflicts to make Restaurant Wars interesting. No one really likes Amanda, no one seems to trust Alex to make good dishes, even though he's done pretty well pretty consistently. Kelly is crazy and won't let anyone help her or she thinks they're "taking part of her dish away from her." Angelo's a snake and no one trusts him, and Kenny thinks he's the best chef there.
    Is anyone else finding that this season is different than the previous ones, and not in a good way? The focus seems to be more on gamesmanship and strategy, rather than great cooking. There's always an element of strategy in these competitions, but this season is offering us more of a gameshow than an inspired cooking competition, in my opinion. It's seems to have a degree of Bravo-injected pseudo drama in it, too.

Of the group, I really like Tiffany, too. She seems to focus on her challenges rather than her opponents' weaknesses. She also brings a certain serenity to the mix, which is a welcome relief from the angst.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-08-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

You know, it kind of feels that way, but then when I think about it, it's not. There's always been the interpersonal drama, and every season there's some question of sabotage at some point, but this is the first time it's been able to be turned into speculation about a specific person. I think maybe all of us Bravo watchers are all drama-d out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123