Thread: Angelo Sosa - Top Chef 7

Angelo Sosa - Top Chef 7

Angelo Sosa
    Contestant, Top Chef 7

Hometown: Durham, CT
    Profession: Chef/Owner, Xie Xie
    Culinary Education: AOS, Culinary Institute of America
    Favorite Recipe: Steamed madai snapper with lily bulbs

Angelo, who opened his Asian-influenced sandwich restaurant Xie Xie (“thank you” in Mandarin) in July 2009, has worked with some of the best chefs and restaurateurs in the world. Early in his career, he met Jean-Georges Vongerichten who became his mentor, and went on to work for him at Jean Georges, Dune and Spice Market, where he served as Executive Sous Chef. Shortly thereafter, he was invited by Alain Ducasse to create a special seasonal menu at his Paris restaurant Spoon Food & Wine, the first American to receive such an honor. Angelo, who also created the menu for Buddakan, the Stephen Starr hotspot restaurant in NYC, always has salt, Japanese fish sauce, cinnamon, green cardamom and lily bulbs handy in the kitchen.

Official Bravo Bio Page

Re: Angelo Sosa - Top Chef 7

I do not think I am going to like him.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He is very handsome, but he's also a madly driven competitor. I was surprised that he won that last competiton, after they raved about the chef that made the deconstructed beet soup.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

He seems to be the jerk this season. I can't hate him yet because he does appear to be talented. I liked Kenny better. I just wish Angelo was a gracious winner. The second he falters, I will be all over it! But I think he makes the finals.

Just when I started to wonder how he was winning so much, he pulls the peanut butter and celery trick. Pretty bad. I think he's got some lessons to learn.

His arrogance is outrageous. I'm hoping he's in for a fall! As the saying goes, "Pride goeth before a fall."

And, if you're hoping to keep something secret, like how he doesn't like the guy whom he sees as his chief competitor, you tell NO ONE. Stupid!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I cannot hate him for playing the game. I think he set himself up for failure now. He was too obvious about his plan to get rid of Kenny. Everyone knows about him now. I didn't like that he punked out on the kids. He didn't want to make them some good food? He cheated them out of a good, nutritious meal!

There is no "playing the game" on Top Chef, it's not Big Brother or Survivor. This show is about skills, vision, and integrity. Cook your best food, and hope that the judges like it.

People who come in thinking they can psych people out, throw elbows and trip people up should just leave and go on Hell's Kitchen. I already dislike Angelo more than almost any other contestant in history. He's so in love with his own mind, it's sickening.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I disagree. There can be some strategy in this show. The Top Chef Masters showed that, too. You just got to be thinking ahead, and just a bit dastardly....and being a great cook is a definite plus.

Exactly how you pick a team, exactly how you structure a meal can be serious strategies. If I decided to prepare what you are known for, I may have done you a serious disservice by forcing you outside of your comfort range are 2 strategical moves. Hope you have a huge repertoire!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3950966;
    I disagree. There can be some strategy in this show. The Top Chef Masters showed that, too. You just got to be thinking ahead, and just a bit dastardly....and being a great cook is a definite plus.

Exactly how you pick a team, exactly how you structure a meal can be serious strategies. If I decided to prepare what you are known for, I may have done you a serious disservice by forcing you outside of your comfort range are 2 strategical moves. Hope you have a huge repertoire!
    I agree, it is a game show no matter what. That is why they give "an advantage", immunity, etc. If it was all about cooking food the judges loved and being judged only on that, it would be Chopped.

Angelo was smart if he did in fact use the fact he had immunity to his advantage.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast