+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angelo Sosa - Top Chef 7

FORT Fogey

Re: Angelo Sosa - Top Chef 7

There's definitely some strategy on the show, but I kind of feel like previous contestants have mostly used it to their advantage as opposed solely to their opponents detriment. With the exception of Spike in TC Chicago. And if you look at the people who get to the end, it's usually the people who have played the game with honor and integrity. These judges are also, as a whole, too smart to fall for most of the malicious crap.

I really hope this doesn't turn into one of "those" game shows. I really enjoy having one game show that's not more drama than substance. Top Chef is really respected in the culinary world, as can be seen by the caliber of guest judges, and the caliber of chefs who choose to compete in TCM.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say -- sure, there are all kinds of strategies when it comes to picking teams, etc., so that things might be more or less challenging. But a chef isn't supposed to openly target another chef in their crosshairs with the aim of eliminating them. The chefs that get cast are supposed to be too good to need to resort to tricks to win. Sabotage may be okay on other shows, but it's supposed to be over the line on TC. I don't think Tom Collichio would continue to be attached to the show if it sank to that level.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Don't like the guy a bit. I agree with the fact that there is strategy, however, anything that would cause me to make a less than super dish in this competition is not worth chancing.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I'm not wild about this guy, however, he seems to be able to taste the food and discern if it taste right, proper seasoning, etc. That seems to be a rare trait with this group of contestants. I hope the others improve because I would like for it to be a very close contest.

Like this guy a lot; he seems to be the only chef in the show who's consistently competent.

Sure, his personality leaves something to be desired, but, at the end of the day, if I owned a restaurant (which I don't) and I was hiring somebody out of this batch of Top Chef contestants (which I'm not), I'd probably go with Angelo.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wondering if Angelo has ever heard of Karma . . . . cuz when she comes back around . . . . BAM! That man is gonna get a mouthful.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3951238;
    There's definitely some strategy on the show, but I kind of feel like previous contestants have mostly used it to their advantage as opposed solely to their opponents detriment. With the exception of Spike in TC Chicago. And if you look at the people who get to the end, it's usually the people who have played the game with honor and integrity. These judges are also, as a whole, too smart to fall for most of the malicious crap.

I really hope this doesn't turn into one of "those" game shows. I really enjoy having one game show that's not more drama than substance. Top Chef is really respected in the culinary world, as can be seen by the caliber of guest judges, and the caliber of chefs who choose to compete in TCM.
    Well said. You have crystallized my thoughts about this season's contestants. I would add that they seem less skilled and accomplished than many of their predecessors, so maybe they have to rely on using strategy in a negative way.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12