+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Is this thing on?

Well, Jody Adams and Susur Lee advance to the final 8. I suppose that from this point, one chef at a time will be eliminated, which should bring them to 10 episodes total, like last year.

The QF was the fruit-plate challenge from season 1 that con-man Stephen won with his 12 little cups. The Elimination challenge was the "update a family style meal" challenge from season 3. Susur Lee was kind of a jerk throughout the whole hour.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3889207;
    Is this thing on?

Well, Jody Adams and Susur Lee advance to the final 8. I suppose that from this point, one chef at a time will be eliminated, which should bring them to 10 episodes total, like last year.

The QF was the fruit-plate challenge from season 1 that con-man Stephen won with his 12 little cups. The Elimination challenge was the "update a family style meal" challenge from season 3. Susur Lee was kind of a jerk throughout the whole hour.
    I didn't mind him as much as I did Rick. I was glad to see him taken down a few pegs when the judges scored him. I thought Susar at least showed some humility. Nice job Bravo did showing the preview for next week before the episode was over. I clearly saw Susur in it.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3889253;
    I didn't mind him as much as I did Rick. I was glad to see him taken down a few pegs when the judges scored him. I thought Susar at least showed some humility. Nice job Bravo did showing the preview for next week before the episode was over. I clearly saw Susur in it.
    I know! I was totally spoiled. I was even fast forwarding and still saw him. Nothing like spoiling your own show while it's on. I almost didn't finish watching it.

I wasn't so much a Susur fan. I did like Jody and if I calculated correctly I think she would have had the 2nd spot even it had just relied on elimination challenge scores alone.

Nice job Bravo did showing the preview for next week before the episode was over. I clearly saw Susur in it.
    I know! Bravo is usually pretty thoughtful about not showing promos for the next episode until the day after, since they rerun the heck out of new eps the night that they air. You're slipping, Andy!

RuPaul's Drag Race was guilty of the same thing -- I always caught the late-night repeat of a new episode, and before the show was even half-over, they would air a promo for next week, and I could clearly see who was and wasn't still in the competition. Grrr...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3889207;
    Susur Lee was kind of a jerk throughout the whole hour.
    And yet we knew from the commercials he was going through. Yuck.

I am glad their text vote was 75% in favor of taking pictures of food in restaurants. I was reading a Bon Appetit where "the foodist" (a jerky guy who sometimes judges on the Food Channel shows) agreed with some jerky reader who wrote in to say people should not take photos. Well, if you have a job that pays for your meals it is one thing, but when it is a special pccasion and costs a fortune, of course you might want to take some pics if the food is beautiful, as a souvenir. No one should be annoyed by other people doing that. Why would they even think it is any of their business? It's not like letting screaming kids run amok, stinking up the place with tobacco smoke, creating noise pollution with loud obnoxious diners, or anything else I can think of that might actually cause soemone to have a less than stellar dining experience.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

What do they think, you can steal the recipe from a picture? !!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Nice job Bravo did showing the preview for next week before the episode was over. I clearly saw Susur in it.
    Uh.....huh?

I FINALLY had the chance to watch it and I paused it during the previews for next week, that wasn't Susur. That was the black guy with the braids and the mole, it looked like Susur as it was zipping past and I had to rewind about 4 times to freeze it just right but it wasn't him. It was....whathisname.

About Susur - I was expecting to see a guy that was obnoxious and hateful and instead I found a crazy goofball who lived and breathed his craft and was very passionate about it. I liked him and some of his comments had me cracking up (The call with his wife was funny).

The one moment that was sort of jerkish to me was when he was eating the girls food and said "Anything tastes good when you're hungry". There was something awkward in all that, choppy even, I think it was edited and completely taken out of content.

Consider how all the other chefs were hugging and congratulating him, they wouldn't have done that if he'd been a jerk the whole time.

The one I want gone ASAP is that Rick character, HE is a jerk! I hope he's the first one shown the door, gah, what an obnoxious little so and so, I was very unhappy when he made it through.

Anybody else get a kick out of the way Kelly would sit there with a frozen look on her face and staring straight ahead while Gail was talking and then suddenly she would remember the cameras were on and smile. I kept saying "Robot just got turned on" whenever she did that, well I thought it was funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3889941;
    Uh.....huh?

I FINALLY had the chance to watch it and I paused it during the previews for next week, that wasn't Susur. That was the black guy with the braids and the mole, it looked like Susur as it was zipping past and I had to rewind about 4 times to freeze it just right but it wasn't him. It was....whathisname.
    completely taken out of content.
    It was him and Andy Cohen admitted to it in a Tweet.
    @BravoAndy Argh! Commercial during Top Chef Masters spoiled the results.
    10:35 PM Apr 28th via web
    @*name omitted* so I hear....I am so sorry. We'll get to the bottom of this :-(
    11:08 PM Apr 28th via UberTwitter in reply to
    CYA

Then I guess I watched a different version of the show, because I purposely looked for him and even froze each preview and I did not see Susar. I saw the black guy with the braids. The first preview was not of the next week, it was of the elimination challenge and they did spoil that by showing him having to do the challenge and that told everybody that he didn't win the quick fire.

*shrugs*

No matter, I just know without a shadow of a doubt by carefully watching each preview that Susar wasn't shown in the previews for the next week. I wonder if they will address this at all? More than likely not. It was actually sort of uncanny how much the black guy (I really have to learn his name) looked like him because he had his hair pulled back in a high ponytail as well.

I think that Susar was beginning to appear right behind him and they cut it off, it was barely a blurry glimpse but not enough to be able to say for sure it was him.

ETA: Did a little research and evidently there was a preview where annoying voice over announces that the real competition starts next week and then there is a shot of Susar working on a tower of food. Are you all talking about that? Oddly enough, that preview was never shown in my market. I'm going to have to watch it a third time because I love spoilers and I was actively hunting for that one and never saw it.

The first spoiler that the articles are discussing was him working in the EC and not the next week, yes, a bit of a screw up but not as bad as if they actually showed him competing beyond that night.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-30-2010 at 06:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast