+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3753234;
    Whoa! Boooo! Kevin wins for playing it safe even tho they said his dish would have been disqualified for the competition! Booooo!
    I'm a Kevin fan, but I agree that was wierd. I guess that means Kevin's flavors were amazing. And, they must think that he has what it takes to represent in the competition - which says a ton.

What a great final 5. Like Tom said, they wouldn't have thrown them this kind of competition if they didn't think they could handle it. That says alot about all of them.

While the viewers have been questioning Eli and Jen, the judges were very posititive about all 5 of the remaining chefs so they must be far better than we see from our tv screens.

Reg. Eli, I like Eli - alot. I think he has a great spirit. And, I was such a huge fan of Richard Blais - and now of Kevin - that any friend of their's has got to be pretty cool.

The brothers think they have it going on, but I think the Richard, Kevin, and Eli have it over them 10-fold.

I'm glad Kevin won the challenge and the opportunities that came with the win, and I'm glad Jen pulled herself together and made it to the final four.

Kevin is a gentleman as well as a terrific chef - he is a winner all around. Bryan may not know how to smile or how to have a personality, but he is a far more decent person than his brother, and apparently he's fully aware of his brother's character shortcomings.

On character alone, I hope Michael Voltaggio doesn't win this competition, but he seems to be a very talented, innovative chef so he's a strong contender.

I'm one of the people who called Kevin for the win since the beginning (ok, maybe the 2nd episode) and I'm still rooting for him - he's got talent, character, and sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3753241;
    Agreed. This is most easily foreseen Final Four in the show's history. People were calling it by Week 2.
    Although it was totally predictable earlier on, I was beginning to question if Jennifer would be able to pull through because of her recent performances. I don't consider her the strongest chef anymore like I previously did (Kevin now ranks as the strongest, for me). I still think she still deserved her final 4 placement though, since these 4 chefs were far and away the strongest throughout the season. But Jennifer desperately needs to pick it up if she wants to have a chance at winning.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I think barring a huge mistake by either the brothers or Jennifer they were guaranteed a spot in the story. They are all good chefs, but I think the fact she was the only woman and just the impact of the two brothers facing off was just too much of a draw for the show. I knew that the brothers would face off against each other.

I fear for Kevin next week, and hope they did not give him this win just so they would feel better about axing him before the finale. I think Tom seems to have a huge favorite in Jennifer, and I really do think they want a brother versus brother finale.

I am crossing my fingers for Kevin though. He is a true gentleman, and seems to be very sweet and helpful to everyone.

FORT Regular

Love Kevin, I thought by the way they edited it that he was a goner, but Im glad he won!

He is my fave since Tre

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3753328;
    I think barring a huge mistake by either the brothers or Jennifer they were guaranteed a spot in the story. They are all good chefs, but I think the fact she was the only woman and just the impact of the two brothers facing off was just too much of a draw for the show. I knew that the brothers would face off against each other.

I fear for Kevin next week, and hope they did not give him this win just so they would feel better about axing him before the finale. I think Tom seems to have a huge favorite in Jennifer, and I really do think they want a brother versus brother finale.

I am crossing my fingers for Kevin though. He is a true gentleman, and seems to be very sweet and helpful to everyone.
    Even if he doesn't win, being able to compete in the Bocuse d'Or is probably a higher honor than winning. He has also won some other ridiculous prizes. He always seems to win when there is a large prize.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm rooting for Michael.

Though Eli almost had me when he mentioned Richard and referenced The Princess Bride in the same PI.

FORT Newbie

I am so glad Kevin won but based on alot of the remarks at the table I was thinking it was going to be Bryan since they kept saying Kevin played it safe, but at least he tried a different approach to cooking that he wasn't use to. I thought it was great that Bryan helped him with the temp and time of the cooking method the night before - shows his willingness to assist others. We all know damn well his bro wouldn't have done it.

I was really hoping Mike would have been sent home - just to put him in his place. He thinks his cooking is God's gift to the world - I wouldn't eat half the crap he makes - I'm more of a Kevin foodie myself!

The final four are the right ones to be there. I'm looking forward to next week - should be really interesting. I'm hoping Kevin wins the whole thing. As the person above me wrote - he has true class and sportsmanship. He's the only one besides Jen that congratulates all his competitors and seems to truly care about them. I'd certainly eat at his retaurant (if I knew where it was! hehe )
    Last edited by kjfras; 11-19-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typos

I'm really surprised that Kevin won that. I thought it would be Bryan. I'm not going to complain though. I like Kevin more. I'm glad Jen pulled to together for this episode. I thought it was sweet that she helped Bryan and that Bryan helped Kevin. I wasn't sad to see Eli go. I just wish he would've gone home before Robin since he was such a jerk to her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;3753442;
    Love Kevin, I thought by the way they edited it that he was a goner, but Im glad he won!

He is my fave since Tre
    Seriously. I thought he was a goner.

Ger

I really hope Kevin wins next week and if not then Jen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast