+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I agree that working the front is loaded with problems. They are chefs and this is a cooking competition. I am glad they have eliminated decorating but adding a dish to the front person's job makes no sense when they cannot be in the kitchen to control the outcome. Kevin screwed up on her lamb entree but was not called out for that or at least we didn't see it.

Laurine sealed her fate when she told Tom she would not send her dish out if it wasn't right. Had she said that she felt uneasy leaving it in anothers hands and had to concentrate on her front of the house job the outcome may have been different. However she was a terrible host!!

Mike is going to be in the finals, I can see it now. Evil Mike vs sweetheart Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3733691;
    I agree that working the front is loaded with problems. They are chefs and this is a cooking competition. I am glad they have eliminated decorating but adding a dish to the front person's job makes no sense when they cannot be in the kitchen to control the outcome. Kevin screwed up on her lamb entree but was not called out for that or at least we didn't see it.

Laurine sealed her fate when she told Tom she would not send her dish out if it wasn't right. Had she said that she felt uneasy leaving it in anothers hands and had to concentrate on her front of the house job the outcome may have been different. However she was a terrible host!!

Mike is going to be in the finals, I can see it now. Evil Mike vs sweetheart Kevin.
    Tom C (in his blog) mentioned that there was a major issue with Laurine and how she ran the front side of the house. Considering, she depended alot on the wait staff to tell the chefs when to fire the next course instead of overseeing it herself and that result her going back and forth alot. Doing double the work and not taking care of the customer. There were huge waits in time between courses and she would leave without explaining the dishes. While Jen and Kevin had strikes against them for messing up their dishes, Laurine had 2 strikes against her, her dish was bad and her service was bad. Mike I was a wash.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3733540;
    IMO, in an objective world, Jennifer or Laurine should go home. Jennifer deserves to go home as much as Laurine. But I wonder if they will sacrifice Laurine simply because they want Jennifer to hang around.
    Exactly what the judges did. Jennifer cooked everything badly last night, preparation, cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3733596;
    If I heard it correctly, Kevin said he's extremely angry over the fact unprofessional behavior, as demonstarted by winner Mike , is rewarded time and again. He sees Mike as an extremely manipulative jerk who tried to buy his teammates by sharing the money. My understanding is Kevin doesn't see the sharing of the money as a genuine show of generosity so much as a calculated, manipulative move on Mike's part. He believes Mike shared the money so his teammates will `forget' how disrespectful and unprofesional Mike's words and actions were toward each of them. Kevin was too fired up and angry with Mike to discuss the situation in a rational manner. I think Kevin, in refusing the money, wanted to send a message that all is not forgotten or forgiven,that Mike will be held accountable for his behavior, at least by Kevin.
    Kevin and Mike were not on the same team last night, so Kevin gets nothing no matter what he thinks. Mike is not going to share the money with him. Are you sure you are not talking about his brother Brian?

Kevin was upset about something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733716;
    Tom C (in his blog) mentioned that there was a major issue with Laurine and how she ran the front side of the house. Considering, she depended alot on the wait staff to tell the chefs when to fire the next course instead of overseeing it herself and that result her going back and forth alot. Doing double the work and not taking care of the customer. There were huge waits in time between courses and she would leave without explaining the dishes. While Jen and Kevin had strikes against them for messing up their dishes, Laurine had 2 strikes against her, her dish was bad and her service was bad. Mike I was a wash.
    Thanks for the reminder. Every other season I read the blogs the morning after but for some reason I have not been doing it this time. Note to self: the blogs fill in large holes.

What dish did Laurine make? I think she took the fall for Mike, Kev and Jen. I think it was good Kevin and Jen messed up; it showed they were human and make mistakes and aren't these unstoppable cooking machines. I don't think Laurine should have went home just because she messed up being FOH. I could understand if she got sent home for bad cooking but they never said anything about her dish, or did I miss something?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3733748;
    What dish did Laurine make? I think she took the fall for Mike, Kev and Jen. I think it was good Kevin and Jen messed up; it showed they were human and make mistakes and aren't these unstoppable cooking machines. I don't think Laurine should have went home just because she messed up being FOH. I could understand if she got sent home for bad cooking but they never said anything about her dish, or did I miss something?
    Her dish was lamb chops that came out too rare. Though Kevin cooked she did not refuse to take them out seeing they were not right, a promise she made to Tom before the service.

FORT Fanatic

At the very end Kevin said that he was upset/mad. What was he upset/mad about? Did he think Jen should have gone home over Laurine?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3733768;
    Her dish was lamb chops that came out too rare. Though Kevin cooked she did not refuse to take them out seeing they were not right, a promise she made to Tom before the service.
    I must have missed that part. I only saw where she was in the kitchen helping to prep. Maybe she was nervous from being FOH and that's why she sent out the raw lamb.

FORT Newbie

I think Kevin was angry because the team fell apart. There was nothing great about that meal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast