+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/9 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3698289;
    Too bad Hector fried his steak last episode. There was no hope after that.
    Well, if the show had been in Texas this season he would have been Top Chef.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I actually thought that Mike I. gave Brian way more credit than I expected, he was very upfront about the fact that it was really very much Brian's dish. It's not entirely fair to expect him to throw himself under the bus as well. On the whole I think he's proven he's a good chef on his own, he's just not much into French Cooking.

I liked Jessie, personally. Guess I could see past her appearance. But it was definitely time for her to go, if she'd been consistently that bad.

I'm ready for Ashley to go home. I almost feel like she doesn't care, or maybe she thinks she's going to win and doesn't have to work for it? I don't know but either way she needed to stick up for herself at judges table.

This may be crazy, but I'm sort of entertaining the notion that maybe Matin isn't really.... French. Either that accent is fake or he learned English from someone with an accent, because it's not French. Of course, if you learn English from someone with an accent you pick up theirs a little bit, so that's probably all it is.

Kevin wins. End of story.

I like Kevin fine but I think blonde Jennifer is going to win out with a more consistent performance. A lot of it ends up a function of who you get paired with. So far everyone who has gone home has deserved to go home.

We want blonde Jennifer to win. The two brothers and the big red-haired guy round out the final 4 in our opinions. I was shocked at what an angry, hateful expression Mike V. had when his brother won. His brother had dreamed of working for that chef, so why not be happy for him!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3698416;
    Well, if the show had been in Texas this season he would have been Top Chef.
    Do Texans fry their steak?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3699477;
    My husband is proudly one of the proudest Texans around and he does NOT fry his steak. He jokes that he wants them so rare that all you gotta do is wipe the dirt off its "butt" and slap it on the plate before you give it to him. He would never eat a deep fried steak, he doesn't even put any sauce on it and very little seasoning if any. It's all about the pure flavor to him and frying it would ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3699671;
    My husband is proudly one of the proudest Texans around and he does NOT fry his steak. He jokes that he wants them so rare that all you gotta do is wipe the dirt off its "butt" and slap it on the plate before you give it to him. He would never eat a deep fried steak, he doesn't even put any sauce on it and very little seasoning if any. It's all about the pure flavor to him and frying it would ruin it.
    Ha, like that movie with Woody Harrelson, the Cowboy Way, I think?

I've been having to catch the episodes on my cable "on demand" thing, and keep feeling like they're cutting out footage...but I guess it just must be the way they play the show. I thought many of the chefs worked well together but I was disappointed in Ron and esp. Mattin. The correct groups were in the winners and losers, though, and I honestly thought there would be a double elimination and Ashley might go, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3698806;
    This may be crazy, but I'm sort of entertaining the notion that maybe Matin isn't really.... French. Either that accent is fake or he learned English from someone with an accent, because it's not French. Of course, if you learn English from someone with an accent you pick up theirs a little bit, so that's probably all it is.
    He is Basque, so technically only French geographically.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3699477;
    Chicken fried steak. My source: JR Ewing of Dallas.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

But chicken fried steak is made with some lower grades of beef, like round steak, not rib-eyes. And I've had a lot of Puerto Rican food in my day, never once seen a whole ribeye deep fried. Maybe I don't hit the right places. I liked Hector well enough, but he was out of his depth on Top Chef.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast