+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Carroll - Top Chef: Las Vegas

Re: Jennifer Carroll - Top Chef: Las Vegas

I want to like her a lot. She is really a talented chef, really talented!

Something is missing for me though. She comes off wee bit pretentious. Still, baring some major attitude fit, she is in my top 4 .

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Definate Top 3 for me. I love her take charge attitude and the food she cooks.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3701216;
    Definate Top 3 for me. I love her take charge attitude and the food she cooks.
    Tops among the women for sure. I think she's sexy lol

Who is John Galt?

Jennifer and the Voltaggio boys seem to be at the top of the heap. She is by far the best female. And the only real competition for the brothers is Kevin. Those will probably be the top four.

FORT Newbie

Why are people so concerned with whether or not someone is male or female? What swings or doesn't swing between the legs has what to do with how well someone can cook? -only to do with picking things up, reaching things, gymnastics, and having babies! I have a feeling Jenn's going to win the whole damn thing. Who cares if she has a "tude?" --I don't see it myself, but I sure as hell wouldn't blame her if she did, seeing as how she's working in a field dominated by males who are scared to death of losing to or being bossed by a --oh my god -- woman! (gulp)! If he were female, some would say Bryan had a "tude," too, or Kevin, or Ash has a tude.

It seems the producers picked the weakest to be female; I'm sure there were more qualified women from which to choose, but I'd like to know how some here deduced that Jenn was upset with being lumped with the women and not by what she said she was upset about , which was this: That it's stupid to have a battle of the sexes to prove who's better as a cook. I think she knows why she was upset. I, myself, find it interesting that the powers that be (95% of whom are male) chose really weak women and then had the only episode ever with a "battle of the sexes" segment. Doesn't take a mental giant, and I'm sure she figured that out herself.

FORT Regular

Let me start by saying that I agree that nothing should matter except whether or not the chef can cook. However, in the chef world, there are a lot more respected male chefs than female chefs. There are a lot more trained male chefs than female chefs. Yes, it is changing VERY slowly, but it is a profession that is really only now shifting towards acceptance of women at the highest levels. (I will say, I have two female friends who trained as chefs who have both left the business for various reasons... mostly money and the death of the social life.)

Anyway, it's clear that in trying to balance the number of men and women on the team this year, they had more "qualified" men than women. Personally, I wish they had balanced the talent a bit more rather than trying to make it exactly even. I do think Jennifer is clearly among the best they have this year, period. If she doesn't make the final three, I'll be very disappointed.

FORT Fogey

Jen is really interesting, because she sort of set herself up for the viewers not to like her, by speaking of her own "b*tchiness" in the kitchen. However, she turned out to be quite lovely. I've seen her be nothing but fair and professional in the kitchen, honest in interviews, and nice in her interactions with the other contestants. She set us up for an attitude problem that didn't exist!

We don't have Bravo (stupid cable) and we bought the season pass on I-Tunes so we could get it. Finally caught up and I am a Jen fan. I can see her and the brothers as the last ones standing. I think I might throw Kevin in there too.

I'm a major food and restaurant junkie who travels frequently on business. I've probably eaten Jennifer's cuisine before in both NY and Philly restaurants where she has worked. I completely taken with her self-deprecation and that she is a perfectionist. Perhaps we are so accustomed to reality drama that we expected something explosive from her, but that potential seems far removed from the chef revealed to us week by week.

I wish they would throw in a major classic French cuisine elimination challenge so we could see her core skills head-to-head vs. Kevin and the Voltagios.

Yeah, she even ACTUALLY liked Mikey, after all that "you're a girl, you have cooties" stuff of his from early on.

But man... she's fallen to pieces once too often now. I think she's only hanging on because the judges couldn't POSSIBLY justify tossing her after a few of the earlier spectacular performances of hers.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast