+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3641776;
    I have to ask... how is this guy Oprah's chef? Oprah is always talking about health and dieting, and Art just seems to deep-fry everything! Not that it doesn't all look/sound delicious!
    He isn't anymore. Now she has a female chef, Art went off to start his own restaurant here in the Windy City. It is very popular and supposedly VERY good.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl;3642135;
    Rick is my favorite! His food always looks so good.
    For about 12 years I lived a block and a half from Rick Bayless's Mexican Restaurant on North Clark Street. I've eaten there tons of time and have NEVER had a bad meal. If you are visiting Chicago you should make sure you eat there. It is moderate to high in prices, but well worth the money.

FORT Fogey

I have to say that I think these are the right top 4. Love how helpful and mature these guys are about the whole thing. What a dignified bunch. Although it's apparent that they are at the point where they want to win.

And, I have a crush on Rick Bayless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Jones;3642324;
    I'm staying in a seperate city part of the time now and I don't get BRAVO down here. Who got kicked off this week?
    Art did. He chose to make dessert using purchased rice milk ice-cream and the judges were all over him about that.

Michael's smugness really was off-putting wasn't it? I would have liked to see him go instead of Art.

Well, I have to give Michael a little credit for helping out Hubert w/the tomatos. Such a constrast compared with Hung standing around while Brian went crazed (of course that 25 ingredient dish was crazied anyway).

But still, he's so damn smug & smirky. No name dropping from Art this week, but I found his defense about the rice ice-cream real lame.

I agree that the correct people are in the final four.

As much as I love Rick Bayless my wish for Hubert to win this thing is huge. I love his quiet confidence. Also, he more than repaid Mr. Chiarello for his tomato cutting by saving the food filled falling table for him.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3641776;
    I have to ask... how is this guy Oprah's chef? Oprah is always talking about health and dieting, and Art just seems to deep-fry everything! Not that it doesn't all look/sound delicious!
    He's no longer Oprah's chef. He was for about 10 years, though...

No wonder why Oprah was overwieght for so many years. Art cooks with a very heavy hand. Literally.
    I'm pleased with all the chefs. Michael was just kidding around - he happens to be an extremely nice man.
    I've never seen that Asian lady before. I wish the FN would give her a show. She does some interesting things.
    I've never watched Top Chef. I watched Masters for the first time last week.
    One of the critics on Masters' - Gael Greene - gave my niece's husband's restaurant a stellar rating. After seeing her on this show, he is really lucky.She's tough.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I agree with those that say this is the right final 4.

Anita has surprised me with her quiet confidence

I have always been a fan of Ricks and thought his comments of Spike (S4)were right on.

I do not see Michael as smug. His show is a favorite and I use his meatball recipe

I Hubert! He is one of the nicest/most genuine celebrities I have ever met.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Michael looks like he could be related to the guy who played Grissom on CSI. I think he is charming in a flirty way. I liked all the chefs so far, and think that they are all so sweet and helpful to each other, and it makes the show entertaining. More shows should realize that fighting is not always the way to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast