+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/17 Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef Masters 6/17 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3508719;
    I'm only catching the end of the replay--just got home--but the chefs are right. The judges are a bit too easy. I wonder if it's because these are accomplished, proven chefs or if it's that nothing was really all that bad or if they haven't gotten in their groove. The British guy judge just looks like he could be so mean, and I keep waiting for that.
    It seems there is a fraternity with chefs. They don't want to step on the toes of the greats because the connections are invaluable and they respect each others differnces.. Any of the contestants could be sitting in the judges seats. They are all in the same echelon.

I missed it and ended up watching the late night rerun. I really liked this group as much as last weeks. The competition between the two guys was fun. I liked both the chicks as well.

Only one thing so far, I hope they don't save the winner to score last each week. And I hope that the winner of the quick fire isn't always the winner as well. But I am glad Suzanne won, but would have been fine with any of them.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Ment to add, next week's looks creepy. You probably couldn't pay me enough to eat what the next group has to cook.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3508836 View Post
    Speaking of Katie Joel......Billy is separating from her!

Billy Joel separates from third wife Katie Lee - Yahoo! News
    Looks like divorce. Hopefully wife #4 will be closer to his 60 than her 27. I know, age is just a number, but 33 years is a huge gap. Other couples have made it work, but not these two. Any divorce is sad, but at least they don't have children.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3510542;
    Looks like divorce. Hopefully wife #4 will be closer to his 60 than her 27. I know, age is just a number, but 33 years is a huge gap. Other couples have made it work, but not these two. Any divorce is sad, but at least they don't have children.

And Billy Joel's daughter, Alexis (?), the one he has with Christie Brinkley, is only a few years younger than Katie

Back to last night's show.....again, I enjoyed it. I liked the woman who won both challenges. She seemed so laid back, no stress, etc. I didn't like that one male chef who couldn't stop swearing after he knew he screwed up. His reaction just bothered me.

Another great episode! I was a little worried that Wiley was going to be a big jerk after his reaction to the quickfire. However, he totally redeemed himself with his interaction with Graham. The shopping scene with them was fun - I have never seen competitors on Top Chef shop so cooperatively! I was glad that Suzanne won because, as the pp mentioned, she was so calm and laid back - I really liked her demeanor!! I also thought the short bit where the pastry chef made everyone cookies was cute (sorry, I'm drawing a blank on her name at the moment)!

The host still doesn't bother me. She isn't as good as Padma, but she is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3511592;
    The host still doesn't bother me. She isn't as good as Padma, but she is getting the job done.
    Why can't TC regulars behave like these cheftestant masters?

I think it's cool that some past judges are just as excited to be on the competing side.

LOVE me some Hubert Keller so I was glad to see him win last week and I really enjoyed watching Suzanne laid back style. Of course, as a LOST fan myself, I was practically in heaven. (Only would've been better if they had some Juliet, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, & Sun there.)

Kelly Choi's pretty good as a hostess. No one's as bad as Katie ex-to-be Joel. Padma's not the best hostess either. Half the time she's stoned or drunk, right?

Classic quote from Rick Bayless next week, "What does a French guy know about quesadillas?"

I saw the show today. I was hoping Graham would win, but liked Suzanne too.

I still prefer Padma.

Neurotic is the New Black Tximistarri's Avatar

I instantly liked Kelly so much more than Padma! I found her a much more credible presenter. She didn't make me cringe once. I thought it would be great if she replaced Padma, though I know it's more likely that she's an insurance policy against Padma making demands deemed unreasonable during contract negotiations. Just so her team knows, they have a replacement the audience is familiar with on hand...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast