+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 6: Las Vegas - Premieres Aug. 19th – Spoilers & Speculation

Re: Top Chef Season 6 – Spoilers & Speculation

Season 1 was Vegas, Season 2 was Hawaii, Season 3 was Aspen, Season 4 was Puerto Rico, and Season 5 was New Orleans.

It's scary that I knew that off the top of my head...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3432740;
    Season 1 was Vegas, Season 2 was Hawaii, Season 3 was Aspen, Season 4 was Puerto Rico, and Season 5 was New Orleans.

It's scary that I knew that off the top of my head...
    But useful for the rest of us! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3431394;
    psycobabe007 & Lobeck, we were so teased last season with the finale being in NOLA. It got my hopes up that they would do a whole season there. I grew up about 45 miles northwest of the city and love the cuisine. I would be in heaven seeing them tackle such things as alligator and the other more "interesting" foods that are a part of our everyday cuisine.
    Where are you from, Harmony? Baton Rouge here...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3434435;
    Where are you from, Harmony? Baton Rouge here...
    *waves* howdy neighbor! Walker .... I remember it from when it was just a little country bump in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. With the new highway they built, it's really just a hop, jump, and skip to NO now. I live in VA now but my family still lives in Walker.. all of them, lol.

Top Chef seriously needs to be done in New Orleans someday. There is the south and then there is Louisiana that brings together the flavors of the south, cajun, creole, and so much more into one cosmopolitan city. I was really hoping for it when I saw that finale! Maybe they will read all the comments people are making wishing it would be filmed in NO and do it. The city could use the boost as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3434539;
    *waves* howdy neighbor! Walker .... I remember it from when it was just a little country bump in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. With the new highway they built, it's really just a hop, jump, and skip to NO now. I live in VA now but my family still lives in Walker.. all of them, lol.

Top Chef seriously needs to be done in New Orleans someday. There is the south and then there is Louisiana that brings together the flavors of the south, cajun, creole, and so much more into one cosmopolitan city. I was really hoping for it when I saw that finale! Maybe they will read all the comments people are making wishing it would be filmed in NO and do it. The city could use the boost as well.
    I thought the community passed (for now). They wanted to make sure that NOLA was rebuilt and ready for the spotlight. That is why the finale was there instead.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Top Chef 6: Las Vegas Cast Revealed

The Top Chef 6: Las Vegas cast has been revealed:

Top Chef - Bios - Bravo TV Official Site

A set of brothers and one European are on the list. Seems like an interesting cast.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-09-2009 at 04:27 AM.

Re: Top Chef 6: Las Vegas - Premieres Aug. 26th – Spoilers & Speculation

From Bravo's site:
    What happens in Vegas will be delicious. The sixth season of the No. 1 food show on cable, Bravo's Emmy and James Beard Award-winning series returns with Top Chef: Las Vegas, premiering Wednesday, August 26th at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The 17 new chef'testants take on Sin City this season to see if they have what it takes to become Top Chef.

Once again returning to the kitchen, cookbook author, actress and host Padma Lakshmi presides over the judge's table alongside head judge Tom Colicchio, renowned culinary figure and chef/owner Craft Restaurants, and judges Gail Simmons, of Food & Wine magazine and Toby Young, food critic and best-selling author of the book How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. Some of the top names in food, movies and entertainment including Wolfgang Puck, Todd English, Natalie Portman, Daniel Boulud, Penn & Teller, Hubert Keller, Laurent Tourondel, Tim Love, Michelle Bernstein, Tyler Florence, Charlie Palmer, Paul Bartolotta, Nigella Lawson and Jerome Bocuse will be featured this season on Top Chef: Las Vegas.
    Dang, no mention of Anthony Bourdain! I missed him last season. Is he done with this show for good?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Nigella! Awesome.

I'm not a Bourdain fan (and that's a really big understatement), so if he's not accounted for this season I won't mind. I wish Jay Rayner could fill the acerbic British bastard judge slot instead of bringing back Toby Young though. I'm really liking Jay on Top Chef Masters.

FORT Fanatic

I can't wait for this to air. And it's in Vegas baby...where I live!!

FORT Newbie

I love this series as well and I also live in Vegas!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast