+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 3/04 Reunion Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 3/04 Reunion Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Regarding the "birthday curse", I believe Jeff got eliminated (the first time) on his anniversary.

FORT Fogey

I agree with those who've said this was one of the best reunion shows. The entire thing had a tone of "we went through this experience together, let's talk about it and laugh about it" and it was great! I was happy to see they gave Stefan his due by showing his fun side. He made a good villian, but does have a good side too (as was seen throughout the season in things like his comforting Carla in the finale) and it was good that they showed it. And I have to admit, it showed him in enough of a new light that I found myself starting to think "he's kind of cute ... is he single?"

No one seemed to come with a chip on their shoulder, no one came with a grudge to defend, and it was refreshing. And the behind the scenes / never before seen footage was GREAT. It really showed how much fun people can have doing a show like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3369642;
    Stefan ... I have to admit, it showed him in enough of a new light that I found myself starting to think "he's kind of cute ... is he single?" .
    Have you been to his website? The picture he has on it is rather smoking hot. I was like "HUH?!? When did he get so good looking?" I think I was somewhat blinded to his looks by the editing on the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3369664;
    Have you been to his website? The picture he has on it is rather smoking hot. I was like "HUH?!? When did he get so good looking?" I think I was somewhat blinded to his looks by the editing on the show.
    I know! Which leads to an interesting point to ponder -- I wonder how many peole would have changed their votes for fan favorite (to anyone, I'm not talking specificallyabout Stefan here) based on things they saw on the reunion show? For me, Jamie was also much much more likable, and seemed much more able to laugh at herself last night than she came across on the show.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I loved the Judges Table drunkeness, and Tom... "Im shocked it hasn't happened sooner"
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3369534;
    Oh, and the stew room games, as well as the glad bag mettresses....
    Okay, WTH are "mettresses"? Ugh, I hate when I do that. "Mattress" people...that's what I meant

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3369642;
    I agree with those who've said this was one of the best reunion shows. The entire thing had a tone of "we went through this experience together, let's talk about it and laugh about it" and it was great! I was happy to see they gave Stefan his due by showing his fun side. He made a good villian, but does have a good side too (as was seen throughout the season in things like his comforting Carla in the finale) and it was good that they showed it. And I have to admit, it showed him in enough of a new light that I found myself starting to think "he's kind of cute ... is he single?"

No one seemed to come with a chip on their shoulder, no one came with a grudge to defend, and it was refreshing. And the behind the scenes / never before seen footage was GREAT. It really showed how much fun people can have doing a show like that.

Even though the cooking kind of sucked about 2/3's of the show and there wasn't a huge amount of drama, this was one of my favorite seasons. In fact, it may be my 2nd favorite next to the first season (which is always impossible to beat when a good show like this comes along).

I loved it because they all got a long and had a good time yet so many of the characters had strong enough personalitities to keep it interesting. And, I liked and rooted for most of them. I don't know about all of you, but the economy has me soooo stressed, I don't need/want much more drama right now. I want "feel-good" stuff.

Maybe the lack of drama would get boring after a while but I did enjoy this season a great deal.

My favorite season was the third because there were basically NO bad chefs (though Clay & Micah & Camille clearly weren't on the same level) and because Tre is sooo smoking hot. Then it's tougher.

I loved last season, but Lisa making it so far really ruined it for me. I loved the cameraderie & goodwill this season (not to mention Jeff's cuteness & Carla's love), but the lack of exceptional skills (except for Stefan, Jamie & Jeff) bummed me out. Season 1 was fun because it was new and no one knew what to expect. Season 2 should be wiped off the face of the earth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3370090;
    My favorite season was the third because there were basically NO bad chefs (though Clay & Micah & Camille clearly weren't on the same level) and because Tre is sooo smoking hot. Then it's tougher.

I loved last season, but Lisa making it so far really ruined it for me. I loved the cameraderie & goodwill this season (not to mention Jeff's cuteness & Carla's love), but the lack of exceptional skills (except for Stefan, Jamie & Jeff) bummed me out. Season 1 was fun because it was new and no one knew what to expect. Season 2 should be wiped off the face of the earth.
    Except that Season 2 brought us Sam. I just can't think ill of anything that brought a man like Sam into my life ... well, into my TV, but sometimes I like to think of that as my life.

I loved the reunion show. It was light and funny and I loved seeing the outtakes; especially the part where Leah and jamie got drunk. I was kind of surprised Fabio won fan favorite, I thought it would have been Carla.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast