+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

OK....I really have to find a rerun of that episode. Did Fabio really say to Leah when she said she thought a woman should be in the finals... "Ees Top Chef not Top Pooosy". *snort*

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3317484;
    OK....I really have to find a rerun of that episode. Did Fabio really say to Leah when she said she thought a woman should be in the finals... "Ees Top Chef not Top Pooosy". *snort*
    That wasn't the context. If I remember the ep correctly, I think someone said something about him winning despite his hurt finger, and that was his response. He meant the "wimp" interpretation of the word, not the sexual one... Leah was just reacting to the word itself I think!

FORT Fan

I'm so glad Fabio came out on top. He's been my favorite this entire time and I think he should have been winning more (Today Show, Thanksgiving challenge) I don't get people thinking he's egotistical-I think he's confident in his dishes and when he's made mistakes, he's admitted them....BUT he's seen that others have made bigger mistakes, which is why he's still here. I've said before, the Euros have made dishes that I'd prefer to eat. Tonight's episode was another instance, although it was chance in what they picked. The roast chicken looked AMAZING....along with the fac that I love chicken and roast potatoes. I think Fabio got the lucky draw this week, like Stephan was lucky he got first pick last week.

As for Stephan destined to win unless he chokes....remember Richard from last season? Everyone thought it was his competition to lose....and it turned out that he lost it for himself. If we know anything from Top Chef, it's that anyone can win.

Again, still rooting for Fabio all the way. I love that he continued to work with a broken finger-I've had a bunch of broken fingers, and it sucks when you move them in the slightest. Luckily I've always broken fingers on my left hand and I'm a righty but.... I've never had a cast-docs always told me that it's more trouble than it's worth to put a cast on a finger. Even once when I broke most of the bones in my left hand, they just wrapped it up and sent me on my way, so I feel for Fabio working around that. He deserved the win.
    djm129 likes this.

FORT Fan

I can't even put into words how excited I am that Leah is finally gone.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3317494;
    That wasn't the context. If I remember the ep correctly, I think someone said something about him winning despite his hurt finger, and that was his response. He meant the "wimp" interpretation of the word, not the sexual one... Leah was just reacting to the word itself I think!
    You're absolutely right. His wording could have been better but in the context that he used it, he meant wimp.

FORT Newbie

On the upcoming episode what did Stephan say about somebody's gumbo?? Who's was it? I like Fabio also but I do think Hosea is a good chef.

FORT Fogey

So, Stefan is saved despite overcooked meat, and Jamie left eventhough she knew that the celery was salty? Adrienne left due to meat problems? Hogwash! Stefan should be GONE (even though I'm psyched Leah is gone...)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3317755;
    So, Stefan is saved despite overcooked meat, and Jamie left eventhough she knew that the celery was salty? Adrienne left due to meat problems? Hogwash! Stefan should be GONE (even though I'm psyched Leah is gone...)
    Stefan had overcooked fish, but was highly complimented for his seasoning, conception of the dish, etc. Leah was criticized for undercooked eggs (equivilient of overcooked fish) as well as problems with her sauce, and the randomness of the salad paired with the dish - ie poor conception. So while Stefan had a problem with his dish, he had more saving graces in it as well, as compared to Leah's that was a problem combined with dissapointments.

I'm just excited to see that four talented chefs are going to the finals. Compared to previous seasons, IMO, I think this will end up being the best set of chefs to finish out the season.

Very much looking forward to it (other than it then being over).

FORT Regular

Im so Happy for Carla!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast