+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

See ya, Leah! You should have gone about 6 weeks ago!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Finally Leah went. That was long overdue. Glad Fabio pulled through. Well i would like it if Carla or Fabio won (more likely Carla out of the two), but let's face it: Stefan is going to win unless he really chokes.

Hooray for Fabio pulling through with a broken finger - FANTASTICO! That roast chicken really looked yummy.

Love the way the cheftestants were good and loose with each other, goofing around in Whole Foods & later in the stew room.

As for Leah - lordy, did she really think she had any chance of winning a cooking competition when she didn't know where to find eggs and butter in a supermarket?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3317271;
    Finally Leah went. That was long overdue. Glad Fabio pulled through. Well i would like it if Carla or Fabio won (more likely Carla out of the two), but let's face it: Stefan is going to win unless he really chokes.
    You never know. He made some big missteps tonight without even realizing it (or at least pretending not to realize it).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It's about time Leah went home. I don't know if it was regret over kissyface gate but she lacks confidence and she constantly doubts herself and second guesses herself to the point I have only a mild sense of disgust towards her. Carla finally got over that self guessing and is cooking food from her heart and is starting to win. I am starting to have a secret hope that Carla might this seasons' Top Chef.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love how Fabio didn't (overly) whine and complain over being hurt and finished his job (think Hell's Kitchen). He was frustrated (as we all would be) but he didn't quit. No excuses=dedicated professional.
    I also loved his comments.. my finger, I'll chop it off and sear it to stop the bleeding... ROTFL!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3317211;
    Jacques liked his meal, and Lydia liked hers. Thus, Carla and Fabio are in.
    I love Lydia and Jacques. You notice that they have heavy representation from PBS shows. Lydia really cooks food you would actually EAT! Usually good peasant Italian dishes.

I love Fabio more and more each episode. So happy he got his second win tonight, broken finger and all. I'm also very happy Leah went home. She started the season off strong, but has gotten weaker and weaker.

I live in New Orleans and am SO excited to watch the finale!

[Leah] should have gone based on her performance way before now. She has been sleep walking thru the last few episodes and outlasted cooks that I thought had it more together.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-12-2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Infracted quoted post removed
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Thanks very much for all the updates on the show! Sounds like the right person went home. I am rooting for Carla all the way now....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast