+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Ok, I am now on the Tom wants Stephan to win bandwagon. I think Jaime was his only real serious competition.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Woah....I did not expect that outcome. Stefan's biggest competition just walked out the door. Dangit! I wanted her to stay in there.

OK, I am angry.

Carla should have won, and Leah should have gone. Tom hit the nail on the head, what good does it do to keep someone like Leah around, who constantly gives up and works with no sense of direction? How could they value her above Jamie? It makes no sense at all.

I'm glad Carla did so well, but they were building her up as the winner only to disappoint her fans at the end. This result sucked.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3305006;
    First Jeff, now Jamie?!

Why don't they just give Stefan the money now and save production money? No one left has the talent to compete with Stefan.
    Exactly! Hosea is the only one left who might have a chance to beat him but don't think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3305012;
    Carla should have won, and Leah should have gone. Tom hit the nail on the head, what good does it do to keep someone like Leah around, who constantly gives up and works with no sense of direction? How could they value her above Jamie? It makes no sense at all.

I'm glad Carla did so well, but they were building her up as the winner only to disappoint her fans at the end. This result sucked.
    Amen to THAT, brother!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3305012;
    OK, I am angry.

Carla should have won, and Leah should have gone. Tom hit the nail on the head, what good does it do to keep someone like Leah around, who constantly gives up and works with no sense of direction? How could they value her above Jamie? Itmakes no sense whatsoever.

ITA. I didn't even comment on Carla not winning (and this was the first time you could truly see the disappointment in her face), because I was so bummed by Jaime leaving. Don't think I've felt like this about an elimination on this show since Tre. Hosea is starting to reming me of Ilan, just some subpar questionable guy hanging in there for the long haul. Ugh, a truly unenjoyable episode overall.

Oh, I will say that now Fabio and Carla have some huge competition for fan favorrite. I think loads of people will want Jaime to walk away with something. I honestly now don't know who I want to win FF when before it was clear to me who I wanted to take it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Color me shocked for once. I thought Leah was getting the boot, for sure. To be done in by celery is going to make Jamie hate it even more.

This was a wrong call.

Always, the question is what's worse: not conceptualizing well or not executing well. I think this challenge showed that Leah doesn't understand the complexities of creating a dish, and for me, that overshadows Jamie's poor execution.

That celery had to be indescribably inedible for Jamie to have screwed up worse than Leah in this challenge. I can't really think of any other reason for this episode's outcome. They seem to have stopped showing the Hosea/Leah romance storyline, so that's not a reason to keep Leah over Jamie.

Looking forward to reading Tom's blog and hearing his explanation, much like after the Ariane fiasco.

FORT Newbie

I'm beginning to suspect some gay backlash happening here. I frankly could care less who wins now. Stephan is a jerk; Leah is boring; Hosea doesn't do anything for me; Fabio is so so and Carla is probably the next one to get the boot.

+ Reply to Thread