+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 1/21 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 1/21 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

And Radhika is gone. She definitely should have stuck to cooking.

stinks that radhika is gone but yeah I don't think she was the right person to be at the front.

Right call. Radhika didn't cook anything and didn't run the house at all. Leah should have been booted as well. Jeeze guys, you kissed, it's not like you made out. Unless they are down playing it. From the way they both were acting it would seem they did the nasty. I wonder if it was cleaned up to try to salvage their relationships? But to serve a dish and have it sent back and they still weren't the bottom team, Leah should kiss Fabio's rear.

Carla was way out wacky, but I still like her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Leah and Radhika should both have been the bottom two. They were in the roles of chef/owner and both abdicated their power and authority. I cannot see Radhika even opening a restaurant, she would go bankrupt before it even opened. Make a decision. Carla called it right "man up". I seriously hope that next year the rules for restaurant wars are changed and that just because you are on the winning team does not mean you are safe from elimination. Leah on top of not leading failed to cook well and for a chef is really the final straw.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I'm just glad that Carla has lived to die another day. I wish Leah had gone home.

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3286222;
    I wish Leah had gone home.
    I do too. I wish she had gone home last week but I guess if she had, we wouldn't have been treated to the Leah/Hosea "scandal"

Kao

I think more stuff than kissing went on. You don't get THAT awkward over a kiss.

Ugh. I'm watching the rerun now. Radhika buried herself, but Leah completely deserved to go home more. The best skill of a Top Chef should not be navigating around Judge's Table (a la Spike).

I'm not sure what to think of these chefs anymore. I never liked Stefan or Leah; I used to like Hosea but now I think he's a heel, and only an okay chef. Fabio has been all talk, no action, and his act is wearing thin on me. I don't completely dislike Jamie, but I'm not rooting for her either. My favorites have been Carla and Jeff, but I don't get a "Winner of Top Chef" vibe from either of them, so I don't want to get my hopes up.

I have a feeling the end of this season isn't going to be as exciting for me as others have been. It's clear that Stefan is the frontrunner, but I dislike him more than I did Hung during season 3. It would be an empty victory for me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't like Stefan at all, but I admired the fact that he dealt with the freezer problem. I just finished Bourdain's latest book and one point he made was that things always go wrong during dinner service and you have to fix it, or change and adapt the menu. Carla just didn't do that and Radhika showed absolutely no leadership. She needed to be more anal , checking end results, tasting dishes and definitely should not have been at the front of the house. The other thing that stood out for me was the fact that the fish was cut into portions before de-boning it. Uhhh, that is just weird and since even I know not to do that I have to wonder why a professional chef would do it I assume there is some explanation and I would love to know it. And you know what? I can't believe these people were all that committed to their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend". Talk about having a lack of respect. I hope they get kicked to the curb and quick. Let's see: there's cameras everywhere, my SO will be watching, let's make kissy face. What is this, high school? Keep it in your pants until the show is over and you can act like adults and break it off with the people you obviously don't really care about. I have only been watching the last few episodes, and none of these characters are impressing me especially since it comes on after Iron Chef

I hope they get kicked to the curb and quick. Let's see: there's cameras everywhere, my SO will be watching, let's make kissy face. What is this, high school?
    Leah has done nothing but act like a high schooler the entire time! She bragged how she beat Jamie 2x in the QF, when an EC comes up that she doesn't like or can't handle; she gets defensive and passive-aggressive (Today show, Christmas); she folds and gets all "I don't care" pouty if it gets the slightist bit hard - instead of meeting the problem head on, she stalks off to let someone else (usually Hosea) deal with it; she's mouthy to Tom quite often; whines when things don't go her way; she's quick to blame others.

Even my daughter at the height of her teenage years didn't behave that badly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast