+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3269445;
    Think I'm seeing why he's 'YOUR' Jeff -- very Hutch like I preferred Starsky back in the day
    I'll arm wrestle you for him!!!!!

I am glad Carla stayed especially over Eugene. Why was Melissa ever picked for this show? Wasn't she always in the bottom 3?

Oh, I was wishing either Ariane or Stephan won just to se Jamie get upset. And yes I do agree with Fabio this is Top Chef not Top Scallops.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was surprised that Fabio wasn't in the bottom three since his lamb was undercooked a lot!

Maybe he was in the bottom fourth position and lucked out with his ravioli?

Thank God Carla made it!

And yep, I think Fabio lucked out with his ravioli. His meat was revoltingly undercooked.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Finally on in the west...I love watching after I know who gets booted to focus on the edits.

Ahh, the twist. Interesting group of food critics, indeed! And Toby is very colorful in his descriptions.
    It was the bland leading the bland

Re: Top Chef 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

As soon as I heard that this would be a double elimination week, I pegged Melissa and Eugene as those to get the boot with Carla being possibly thrown into the mix.
    CYA

Eugene was an obvious boot with the way he was edited this episode. And although she wasn't the greatest chef, I thought Melissa might have possibly slid through, just like Lisa did last season.

I was scared Carla was going to go, but thank god she didn't. But she better pick it up, or she might get the axe very soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm also glad Carla stayed. Of the chefs in the bottom 3, she not only recognized what was wrong with her dish she knew exactly what to do to correct it. She also recognized that she second guesses herself too much and that she needs to rectify that in order to make her dishes contenders. Eugene was constantly trying to be daring and falling short more often than not. Even when this was his chance to cook a solid tried and true dish of his he went for daring and nosedived. Meanwhile Melissa's comments about liking to hear what the chefs had to say didn't help her in the way that she intended for the comment to help her. That dish was also something she proudly co-created and thought would be an indication of what sort of chef she is, and they all hated it, and didn't seem to think that cooking it better would change their opinion much. Carla seemed to be the only one among the three who had a workable dish, and she knew what it needed to make it work, so the right cheftestant stayed.

FORT Fogey

I am disappointed with the new judge. I have always thought that both Top Chef and Project Runway were intelligent shows. The new guy is brining this show down. When a dish is referred to as cat food, what do we learn? Talk about why the dish failed instead of insulting it. It is not entertaining. Anthony Bourdain knows how to mix comedic comments with a serious critique. This guy is just out to maintain his manufactured personality for celebrity status. Bravo, you blew it. We don't want this kind of drama.

I am glad Carla stayed and Keepitreal, I agree with your take. She saved herself; good job Carla.

Tom said in an interview that someone ended up in the finals that he did not anticipate. That could be Carla. The others contenders who I think will be in the final 5 or so are Ariane, Jamie, Hosea and Jeff. Radhika is another dark horse.

I am off to look up Jamies scallop dish. I love scallops, and always searching for a new way to make them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast