+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 1/7 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Melissa and Eugene go home. New judge wanted to keep Eugene, I guess he didn't get his way.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Good luck Cootie, it is a pretty good episode if you can stay up.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I am thinking this twist involves the new judge?

Thanks for the updates AsIs!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3269405;
    Melissa and Eugene go home. New judge wanted to keep Eugene, I guess he didn't get his way.
    I think if the new judge had experienced the deconstructed sushi he would have thought better of keeping him.

I like the new judge, it's a well needed change. I'm tired of Tom, Padma and Gail's recycled comments -- he was a bit mean but at least interesting.

Carla is very gracious; she's not a top pick for me but seems really nice. I still adore Fabio - his ravioli looked delicious. Ariane has been hitting home runs week after week - glad she didn't get eliminated right away because she turned out to be a strong contender. I have no idea who will win at this point.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3269409;
    Carla is very gracious; she's not a top pick for me but seems really nice. I still adore Fabio - his ravioli looked delicious. Ariane has been hitting home runs week after week - glad she didn't get eliminated right away because she turned out to be a strong contender. I have no idea who will win at this point.
    Couldn't agree with you more. So glad Carla stayed, she is so genuine and sweet.

I also agree with Fabio's critique that Jamie keeps making scallops, even I can cook great scallops and I am an average cook (maybe a little better than average)

I don't feel strongly about any of these chefs but I like Leah, Jeff and Fabio.

I think I understand why Jaime wanted to do the scallops. She felt she needed to redeem herself and show that she "really" could cook them. And whatever she chose to cook, the key was cooking it right and seasoning it right. And she did both and won. It was a chose what you want to cook challenge. So it was fair game. And Fabio can whine, but he really does need to focus on getting his act right. In the beginning he looked like he might win, but he has fallen short for awhile now. I'm glad Carla stayed, of the three in the bottom she was most deserving. I like her a lot, but don't see her winning.

I am pretty neutral on this group at this point, but I do think the edit Carla is getting seems like she is going soon. Seeing how each one reacts to winning, almost winning or being in the bottom three makes me favor some chefs more than others. It is nice that Carla can take responsibility for her dish without taking someone else down.

I think what saved Carla more was her explanation of what she did wrong and how she would've fixed it. Tom definitely agreed she could've had an oustanding dish. Eugene really didn't know what he was doing with that dish and how to fix it. His only explanation was "I tasted it before and I liked it."

Also, Eugene & Melissa have been at the bottom at least the last two challenges.

I was a tad worried about my Jeff at first. TG for Toby.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3269436;
    I was a tad worried about my Jeff at first.
    Think I'm seeing why he's 'YOUR' Jeff -- very Hutch like I preferred Starsky back in the day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast