+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stefan - Top Chef: New York

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Stefan - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3221602;
    But, then again, I get a kinda conceited/"I'm all that" vibe from him,
    How very prescient of you, lobeck. I'm sure he'll do well, but I could do without his attitude.

LG.

oh, he reminds me of the character "Euro Guy" from the Conan O'Brien show, not his looks, but his "so superior" attitude. Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Euro Guy (10/17/08) - Video - NBC.com Euro Guy cracks me up.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

It's going to be a looooong season with this guy. Obviously he is skilled but all it takes is one disaster to be sent packing. Fingers crossed it happens sooner than later. I just don't find it enjoyable to watch an arrogant hot head, no matter how good his food. To come to the US to seek success and knock the country and its citizens is dispicable. Stay in Europe if you think it is superior.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Wedge of iceberg lettuce with bacon and blue cheese dressing
    Hehe, this is what got Lauren eliminated in the quickfire!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3233879;
    oh, he reminds me of the character "Euro Guy" from the Conan O'Brien show, not his looks, but his "so superior" attitude. Late Night with Conan O'Brien - Euro Guy (10/17/08) - Video - NBC.com Euro Guy cracks me up.
    Good stuff! I could totally see Euro guy telling Conan a vinaigrette was not an emulsion.

FORT Fogey

Stefan and Fabio are good tv.

Honestly, I can truly do without Stefan's arrogance. I hope he falls flat on his wedge of iceberg lettuce.

I agree with shoepie . . .

Take your ass back to Europe, Stefan!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

On the Bravo site, there is a link to interviews with the contestants in which they tell us what their favorite shows are. Stefan said "Flipping Out". He loves Jeff's OCD ways because he is just like that.

I like Stefan because he can laugh at himself. We don't see it on Top Chef, but it was pretty clear on the video that he understands his own issues and can at least laugh at them.

For being the 'villain' of this season, Stefan is not too malevolent. He doesn't seem to be too over-confident in his abilities and seems genuinely gracious when he wins challenges. I wouldn't be upset if he won, though I hope Carla steals it.

FORT Fogey

I posted elsewhere that I actually like Steffan. His only crime is being too confident and a bit too bossy. There is a video on the Bravo site in which Carla asks for help. Steffan rushes to finish his stuff, and is the first one over to lend a hand.

I think he is less self-absorbed that some of the others on many levels.

There is a difference between being confident and caring only about oneself. Steffan is the former - but not the latter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast