+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Re: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

I liked Jeff until I read his interview. Yikes!what a sore loser. Knocking Josie and minimizing her talents is childish. It's like he can't believe he lost to someone like her.
    Look pal, you lost the challenge to her because she created a better tasting dish. Suck it up and take it like a man and have some class. Knocking Tom is interesting, calling his food bland and boring begs the question-if you don't think he's a good chef or up to your standards why go on the show in the first place as he pulls a lot of weight. I'm going to guess you actually liked Tom's food before you went on the show...You found his food boring and beneath you once you were sent packing.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I think I might be a bit of a sore loser too if I had been booted, twice, arguably both times so that they could keep Stefan. I believe Jeff's food was better than Stefan's both times he got ousted. That would be hard to take.

Quite honestly, I like Jeff and have from week one. Wish he could have won this last competition so that he could be in the finale. I believe he was good enough to win it all.

I got the impression that Emeril clearly preferred Jeff's dishes. Not that he would knock Carla's at all. But once it was obvious that Team Euro was in the bottom, there was no way TPTB were going to let go of both - which would happen in Jeff had won.

(This is not to disregard the stern <sp?> oil issue, but quite a few times that happens when catering. And if it WAS a big deal, Emeril wouldn't have been so effusive in his praise of Jeff.)

Who is John Galt?

It was very obvious to me throughout the season, but particularly toward the end that Tom was NOT a fan of Jeff's. I agree that Emeril clearly favored Jeff's dish, but I think he got out voted by Tom and it was so close between he and Carla that Carla got the win. (Not that I object, I love Carla and hope she goes all the way). But the decision was made and fair - Jeff had a chance and tried his best. For that, he can be proud.

Does anyone else think jeff looks like the actor jesse spencer from House?!

Quote Originally Posted by suzechooch;3371333;
    Does anyone else think jeff looks like the actor jesse spencer from House?!
    Jeff's much prettier & more talented. There's something about Chase I don't care for.

Along with being a great chef, Jeff was very easy on the eyes this season. I know he's married but have no idea if he and his wife have any children. Anybody know?

FORT Fogey

I don't know about kids, but I do think he is one of my all time favorites. He didn't start off that way, but it didn't take long for me to really be intrigued.

I agree with a poster above. I don't think he was one of Tom's favorites. I do think Tom responds to personality (I read an interview in which he says Fabio was his favorite cheftestants of all seasons) and Jeff is so quiet, I'm sure it was hard for Tom to connect.

I know people like Jeff. I am like Jeff. Good manners, never talk back, lose out in the end due to that very important social glue that ties it all together.

As much as Tom says it's about the food, I'm sure this plays into his decisions - even on a subliminal level.

I wonder if Jeff has a hearing issue.

All during the reunion when they addressed him, he kept leaning forward & tilting his head like people who can't hear clearly do. And he did this often at judges table as well.

I guess when talking to him, I'll just have to side up & whisper directly in his ear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast