+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Re: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Aww, I felt really sad for him last night. This is going to stay with him for a decade? He is definitely a lot more sensitive than that jerk he came off as in his intro. (Always finding time to check his hair during a service? haha)
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I felt sorry for him, too. I never thought he'd win this thing but I believe he deserved to go further, based on his cooking skills on the show, than either Leah, Carla, and Fabio.

But then again, so did Tre. This competition sucks sometimes, because the better chefs do not always go all the way to the finals.

Oh this is interesting....

Top Chef’s Jeff: The Show Used Me As a ‘Sex Object’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

Top Chef

Top Chefís Jeff: The Show Used Me As a ĎSex Objectí

Jeff McInnes was nothing if not serious about his food. And when the Miami-based chef lost his head-to-head challenge in Wednesdayís episode, he took the loss hard. Calling from his Florida restaurant Dilido Beach Club, the chef had some spicy words about his competitors, head judge Tom Colicchio and why he felt ďusedĒ by the show. He also tackled our five burning questions. Ė

Did you think Fabio was going to be eliminated ó or did you know it was your time?
    We all thought it was going to be Fabio. He had overcooked venison. It was well done. It was dried out, overcooked, [the] salad was wilted [and the] dressing was just soaked into the salad. It was a bad dish. They even showed on TV when the judges came up and ate mine, every single one of them said, ďI like yours. I like yours too. I think Iím going to vote for [Josie's].Ē Ö They all said something negative about Fabioís, so it was strange for the judges to all say something positive [about my dish] and then me be the one who goes.

Talk about your ceviche dish versus Josieís? Was your dish more authentic?
    Ceviche is a chilled seafood dish thatís cooked in acid. Josie took a can of black beans and heated it up in a sauce pot, and put some shrimp in there and heated up the shrimp. Itís like shrimp nachos what she made. Thereís nothing wrong with that. Thereís actually a Cuban dish like that, too. But for her to call it ceviche is interesting. Ö If the tables were turned and she was the Top Chef challenging, it would have been judged a little more [harshly].

Were you held to a different standard?
    Definitely. Iím competing for [the title of] Top Chef. Josie was just in there [as] a hit man, coming to knock you out. Say she made beef Wellington, which is something wrapped in puff pastry, and called it carpaccio. It doesnít matter to Tom.

One constant criticism of your food was that there were too many components to each dish. Was that helpful or constructive?
    It was a criticism that night. Itís something I thought about. [But] that dish is on my menu Ö [and I] served it to about 20 people today. They all loved it. I am not going to change that dish because Tom Colicchio said he didnít like it. Itís a little shocking [that] I went home over that dish, but Iím not going to change the way I cook because of one personís opinion. My opinion about Tom Colicchioís food is that itís extremely boring. Iíve
    been to his restaurant. His chicken dish on his menu is roasted chicken with roasted potatoes, thyme and olive oil. If I want that, Iíd go to my grandmotherís house. Thatís just not exciting to me. I donít know who would go out and pay exorbitant amounts of money for that food.

How do you think youíll be remembered on the show? What impression did you leave?
    I think the show used me as some kind of sex object. Every single show that Iíve ever seen, they have me with my shirt off in the beginning ó which is kind of strange. I donít run around the house naked half the time like they portrayed me. It seems like a camera was always following me around trying to find me whenever Iím taking my clothes off to change in the morning or at night. So, to be used like that is always fun.

Our Top Chef 5 Burning Questions:

Describe your Top Chef experience in one word.
    Exciting.

What is in your refrigerator right now?
    Chicken.

Name one food you cannot stand.
    Thereís nothing, really.

Pick your favorite fast-food restaurant.
    Street food? Thereís little Taquerias. Thereís a place called Lime thatís good around here.

Gail or Toby?
    Gail ó she knew food better. She had a better palate.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3295912;
    . Ė
    How do you think youíll be remembered on the show? What impression did you leave?
    I think the show used me as some kind of sex object.
    Wow...A sex object? Never in my wildest would I look at him that way.

WOW-- One constant criticism of your food was that there were too many components to each dish. Was that helpful or constructive?
    It was a criticism that night. It’s something I thought about. [But] that dish is on my menu … [and I] served it to about 20 people today. They all loved it. I am not going to change that dish because Tom Colicchio said he didn’t like it. It’s a little shocking [that] I went home over that dish, but I’m not going to change the way I cook because of one person’s opinion. My opinion about Tom Colicchio’s food is that it’s extremely boring. I’ve
    been to his restaurant. His chicken dish on his menu is roasted chicken with roasted potatoes, thyme and olive oil. If I want that, I’d go to my grandmother’s house. That’s just not exciting to me. I don’t know who would go out and pay exorbitant amounts of money for that food.
    And ya know, Tom does seem pretty straight-forward and boring (not that it is always a bad thing..) so I see Jeff's point.

Oh, and jeff is a cutie, by far the best looking guy (with lovely sam) on the show.

Kao

Yes, but you don't bite the hand that feeds. :/

Personally, I found his entire interview to be in poor taste, screams "Sore Loser" and good luck working with other chefs after this. :/ If you can't say anything positive, don't say anything at all.

I liked this interview. What he said made a lot of sense. And Tom and the rest of them don't "feed" Jeff. He was already doing pretty well on his own. It's nice to see that he states his mind and isn't sucking up to anyone. Also, chefs don't work together that much unless it's some celebrity chef cook off, so I think he'll be just fine.

He's cute, in a bland California surfer dude kind of way, but sex object? No way. That's Fabio.

CCL

I didn't think he came off as a sex object either - I missed all the half-naked shots, apparently. Definitely cute, though, and a good cook. I'd eat at his restaurant if I was in Miami.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast