+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jamie - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jamie - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3281413;
    So, I have to admit... I really could not stand Jamie at first, but she's grown on me the past couple of episodes.
    I was just about the post the same thing. Not that Ariane is out, I'm rooting for Jaime to win.

Also, I really feel bad for Hosea and Leah's significant others. To have their cheating televised for the entire world to see must have been very hurtful. Does anyone know if Hosea and Leah are still together?

FORT Fogey

I have liked Jamie from the begining. I think she can win this and it seems pretty certain that she will make the finale. I will be shocked if she trips badly enough to put her out of the running. She seems very solid and grounded with her skill.

I've liked Jaime from the beginning as well. I am hoping she doesn't screw up and get booted. She has had a few missteps, but seems overall solid.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I've always liked Jamie as well - other than her whinning about not winning anything. Jeff hasn't won anything at all, and you don't hear him complaining (that we know of).

I just wish Jamie would do something else other than scallops or soups (during RW she suggested scallops and she did carrot soup again.)

I also don't have a problem with Jaime, but if she wants to beat Stefan in the end she better step up her choice of dishes. right now I think he's the front runner in this thing.

I know it is not a lot, but she has done the pork shanks for RW. She did the well recieved Chicken dish for the country challenge. Fabio does pasta for almost every dish, Carla does pastry for many of her dishes. This year in particular the chefs have clung to what they think their strengths are and still don't succed with thier dishes. As long as it is seasoned well and cooked well, it will get them further.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3288256;
    I know it is not a lot, but she has done the pork shanks for RW. She did the well recieved Chicken dish for the country challenge. Fabio does pasta for almost every dish, Carla does pastry for many of her dishes. This year in particular the chefs have clung to what they think their strengths are and still don't succed with thier dishes. As long as it is seasoned well and cooked well, it will get them further.
    I agree, this season def. lacks chefs who step outside the box and surprise the judges with an amazing dish. The ones who have tried to step out of the box (Gene) have gone off the deep end and lost anyway. Then you have people like Melissa who went home with a dish they considered tried and true. It's been a strange season thusfar indeed.

FORT Fogey

I'm not much of a Jamie fan anymore. I heard she was cooking for an event and was making out with her girlfriend on site. That is just unprofessional to me. And I didn't like the way she was acting about the celery.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3345178;
    I'm not much of a Jamie fan anymore. I heard she was cooking for an event and was making out with her girlfriend on site. That is just unprofessional to me.
    I'll reserve judgment until I hear the whole story. If anyone makes out with anyone in a public event, that IS unprofessional... but if it was during a private moment at the event venue, I don't see the problem.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3346348;
    I'll reserve judgment until I hear the whole story. If anyone makes out with anyone in a public event, that IS unprofessional... but if it was during a private moment at the event venue, I don't see the problem.
    She was cooking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234