+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Fabio

HOMETOWN: Florence, Italy

RESIDES IN: Moorpark, CA

POSITION: Owner, Cafe Firenze Italian Restaurant Martini Bar

CULINARY EDUCATION: I.P.S.S.A.R. Aurelio Saffi, Hotel and Restaurant Management School in Florence, Italy

FAVORITE SIMPLE RECIPE: For summer: Seared black sea bass, heirloom tomato and purple basil with extra virgin olive oil.

BIO: Fabio is the Owner and Executive Chef of Café Firenze Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar, one of the most recognized restaurants in Ventura County. Born and raised in Florence, Italy, he has traveled across Europe and is trained in classic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. He incorporates Italian, French and Spanish influences in his dishes and believes that cooking is a craft. He is currently working on opening the Firenze4Kids Foundation, which will emphasize the promotion of health and wellness for kids through good nutrition and will also launch kidshealthcafe.com, the largest informative resource library available online, designed to enhance a healthy and safe lifestyle for children. Additionally, Fabio also works as William Shatner's private chef.

Top Chef New York - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-22-2008 at 06:51 AM.

FORT Newbie

Re: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Additionally, Fabio also works as William Shatner's private chef.
    Oh I bet that comes up in the show a lot. "Well I AM Shatner's Personal Chef"

He had me with his emphasis for promoting nutrition for kids, but sealed it completely after I read about him being Shatner's personal chef!

How cool is that?!?!?!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fan

He lives in Moorpark! I'm totally rooting for him because he's local. I was just in Ventura County yesterday. I wish I'd read this thread before then, I would've stopped at his restaurant.

FORT Fogey

I can't believe I haven't posted on how I am ready to marry this man: Italian, cocky and a chef.

"Eet dussent mater ow many drahgon u slay. Eets oo goes ome wit da preencess." lol

I'm in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3239607;
    I can't believe I haven't posted on how I am ready to marry this man: Italian, cocky and a chef.

"Eet dussent mater ow many drahgon u slay. Eets oo goes ome wit da preencess." lol

I'm in.
    ROFLMAO!!

I like him too.

Is he the one who made those olives? I am so curious as to what they tasted like....olives are my favorite snack and beef carpaccio? Yummyness!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fan

I really like Fabio so far. I'm completely biased because I love guys with accents....plus I briefly dated a guy earlier this year who looks incredibly like him (I mentioned this to a friend while we were watching Top Chef and she goes "Oh, was your ex Italian too?" I said "No, Mexican.")

I think he does have a bit of an ego, but in a good way. As in, he knows his cooking is good, but doesn't feel the need to argue about whether vinagarettes are emulsions or not.

I think someone said they had a problem with him doing the carpaccio in the spoiler thread-I didn't, same as I didn't have a problem with Sam doing raw food in the first part of the finale back in Season 2. I don't understand the criticism of 'he didn't actually cook anything'. True, but it's not like he just slapped some beef down there with a few greens on top. There were a lot of other techniques that go into a dish like that that an average person with no culinary training couldn't pull off-like the olive. Glad to see Fabio didn't get criticized on that point, although it makes me suspect maybe Sam got screwed over because they wanted an Ilan/Marcel final.

I didn't even think that the carpacio wasn't cooked so shouldn't win. I think it has a lot of skill involved, one of those seemingly simple dishes that would be a disaster if done wrong...like if he picked the wrong kind of meat or sliced it thickly. And the olives sounded really innovative.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3239928;
    I really like Fabio so far. I'm completely biased because I love guys with accents....plus I briefly dated a guy earlier this year who looks incredibly like him (I mentioned this to a friend while we were watching Top Chef and she goes "Oh, was your ex Italian too?" I said "No, Mexican.")

I think he does have a bit of an ego, but in a good way. As in, he knows his cooking is good, but doesn't feel the need to argue about whether vinagarettes are emulsions or not.

I think someone said they had a problem with him doing the carpaccio in the spoiler thread-I didn't, same as I didn't have a problem with Sam doing raw food in the first part of the finale back in Season 2. I don't understand the criticism of 'he didn't actually cook anything'. True, but it's not like he just slapped some beef down there with a few greens on top. There were a lot of other techniques that go into a dish like that that an average person with no culinary training couldn't pull off-like the olive. Glad to see Fabio didn't get criticized on that point, although it makes me suspect maybe Sam got screwed over because they wanted an Ilan/Marcel final.
    I agree. I thought that was a unfair criticism about Sam and I was glad at least Padma stuck up for him. Most of the time I really like what Tom has to say, but every once in a while I'm surprised by the stances he takes. That was definitely one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast