+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Re: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

I like the little dance he does in the right upper corner of his frame during the introduction.

Quirky Euro Fabio FTW

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3245458;
    I used to work in a multi-national company with a adorable italian guy. He was a little less outgoing than Fabio, but their charm factor's are both similar. And apparently they both make a great Tiramisu!

And, having been to Italy I found out the men there are not only among Europe's hunkiest, they are also the most outgoing and demonstrative, especially toward women. Guess they are trying to live up to their reputation, but that's sure okay by me. From Venice to Naples, they were all adorable. I really like Fabio's personality and his cooking skills have also been great (at least so far). He is far more appealing than the other European Stefan who appears to be rather pompous and conceited (altho also a good chef).

Note to Fabio: yellow + green =/= blue...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3249907;
    Note to Fabio: yellow + green =/= blue...
    Red, Yellow and Blue are the primary colors.

You cannot mix any two colors to make blue. You can mix blue and yellow to make green. If you mix yellow and green you get various shades of greens and yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3249964;
    Red, Yellow and Blue are the primary colors.

You cannot mix any two colors to make blue. You can mix blue and yellow to make green. If you mix yellow and green you get various shades of greens and yellows.
    Yes, exactly. During his presentation, he said they focused on yellow and green because they make blue together. And then I spit out my drink.

I'm trying my hardest to believe he know's better - it's such elementary knowledge. Could he have been thinking about subtracting instead of adding the colors? He said they make blue together, but maybe he was thinking the other way around and it was a language issue.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3249993;
    Yes, exactly. During his presentation, he said they focused on yellow and green because they make blue together. And then I spit out my drink.

Ah HA! I see now that you put a slash through the = sign to indicate this. I thought it was a typo.

I caught that, too, but gave him a bit of slack because in electronic coloring the three colors they use are red, yellow, and green. You get your 16, 32, or 64 bit color from those three. I never did understand why it isn't red, yellow and blue, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the gasses.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

As a kindergarten teacher I rewinded what Fabio said about the colors. In the light spectrum yellow and green make blue.

Which although it's cute, it's not entirely true. red and green light make yellow. Blue is a primary in this color plan with red and green.

BTW not that there was a chance but I was disappointed to find out that Fabio was happily married. Just one more reason to love him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3250868;
    As a kindergarten teacher I rewinded what Fabio said about the colors. In the light spectrum yellow and green make blue.

Which although it's cute, it's not entirely true. red and green light make yellow. Blue is a primary in this color plan with red and green.

BTW not that there was a chance but I was disappointed to find out that Fabio was happily married. Just one more reason to love him.
    Yellow and green do not make blue. Red and green do not make light yellow, they make a muddy brown. Blue is a primary color, period. No plan. Fact.

Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow. FACT

Terceray colors: green, orange, purple FACT

+ Reply to Thread