+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

Re: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3329827;
    I suppose this sounds both racist and sexist, but GO CARLA! An African-American woman. It's about time. Even it if its top 4 or 5....it's progress.

Yet, I love Carla for her spectacular personality - regardless of sex and race. "Character" is where it's at. Carla has it to the Nth degree.
    I agree, Jexter. Even as a caucasian female, I feel TC is terribly lacking in minority winners or finalists - Hung notwithstanding. Other than Cliff & Tre, there has to be more out there.

FORT Fan

I suppose this sounds both racist and sexist, but GO CARLA! An African-American woman. It's about time. Even it if its top 4 or 5....it's progress.

Yet, I love Carla for her spectacular personality - regardless of sex and race. "Character" is where it's at. Carla has it to the Nth degree.
    Amen!!!!!!! I think she is one of the classiest chefs ever. Walk with me down Memory Lane to the final show from last season, the wrap show: remember when Tom made a comment about the language? He was so right on that mark, IMO. Carla rarely (if ever) swears. She poses a great deal of grace.

AND she can cook! When she says she adds love to her food, it reminds me of my grandma who used to always tell me to add a pinch of love for better flavor

FORT Newbie

Re: Top Chef 2/18 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

A friend who lives in NYC said that she saw all of the season 5 episodes last year - and claims that a few of her co-workers did too! I would like Hosea to win but she said I'll be disappointed. I asked her to tell me who does win and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Quite frankly I don't believe her. I think she was mixed up with season 4 and won't admit it.

have you checked out "chopped"? if so, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3265013;
    Apparently, it was not only because of Food Detectives that Ted Allen isn't around this season.

Food Network's "Chopped" seems to be a competition show much like Top Chef that he is hosting or judging.

I just saw a commercial for it last night. This should be good, glad to see Ted again, and the more food competition shows, the better.

Have we EVER seen this Toby judge?????

lol, the people that work on these shows are not at all as secretive as you would like to believe.

living in l.a., i meet a lot of "industry" ppl all the time and i've gotten all kinds of spoiler info on shows.

i think one of the biggest may have been when a friend and i saw eva out at a club drunk as a skunk and she told us that she had won top model that season.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycheese;3280543;
    :nono

I seriously hope that the show's producers and lawyers see these posts and take serious action against those mentioned, including contestants. It's one thing for us to speculate and try to pick up on nuances from the editing of commercials to guess an outcome of a future epsiode. It's another thing, entirely, for cast and crew members to spill the beans to a random person in a bar. That is, unless you are really part of the crew. I'm almost certain that the crew and cast have strict language/contracts prohibiting them from sharing such information.

As you said, "We'll see." I expect Bravo and the production company will.

i'm team carla too . . . . and not just bc i'm a black woman.

FORT Newbie

Re: Top Chef 2/18 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by smittykay;3340183;
    A friend who lives in NYC said that she saw all of the season 5 episodes last year - and claims that a few of her co-workers did too! I would like Hosea to win but she said I'll be disappointed. I asked her to tell me who does win and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Quite frankly I don't believe her. I think she was mixed up with season 4 and won't admit it.
    That's particularly interesting, given that the finale was taped in January. There is no way the entire season could have been completed last year. Perhaps the person saw the entire season UP TO the finale.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Native American and Swedish here and I am going for Carla. No smack talk, no chest beating, just god cooking. Go girl. The men have discounted her, typical in a business that is very male centric, but they are stupid to do so. I'm terified that rat Stefan will win. No one will be able to hold his ego down then.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I heard Marcel was down in New Orleans for the finale. Are the soux chefs for the finale this season previous contestants?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3342953;
    lol, the people that work on these shows are not at all as secretive as you would like to believe.

living in l.a., i meet a lot of "industry" ppl all the time and i've gotten all kinds of spoiler info on shows.

i think one of the biggest may have been when a friend and i saw eva out at a club drunk as a skunk and she told us that she had won top model that season.

Do dish whenever possible! Too bad this season of Top Chef isn't filmed in your neck of the woods; I'm dying to know who wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678