+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

CCL

Re: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

I don't see how Carla would still be in it...maybe she's the decoy?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think Tom hinted a while ago that at least one of the final 4 chefs would be a surprise to viewers. Carla would fit that description. I hope it's her, she cracks me up. I have a feeling she would excel at preparing an entire 4-course meal of her choosing, even if she hasn't been as adept at jumping through all the QF and Elim hoops.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well didn't last season they bring back chefs to help the current finalists? So the sightings may or may not mean anything.

ANTMAddict!

Yeah, I'm sure it is Carla. She's in the Top 4.

They had an elimination yesterday and from what I heard, it was not looking to good for Carla. I doubt she takes the crown! But I really like her... even though word is she doesn't have the personality. I say whatever to that!!

BTW - i wasn't clear. I met one of the casting directors from the show this weekend and actually met Jamie and Leah Sunday night. This info is coming straight from the source! They were all very nice... Leah was only drinking water and Jamie had some mind erasers! She's a fun girl.

FORT Newbie

I've been lurking for a while, but there are a number of shows I'm following and thought it was time to join and comment.

This is very interesting. I am rather incredulous, though. Given how tight the show has been about leaks, it's a amazing that you would so easily get inside information about the finals. Further, it's almost laughable to say Carla's short on personality. Sounds like misdirection to me.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by stinkycheese; 01-13-2009 at 09:12 PM.

ANTMAddict!

I hear ya! I Just happened to be in the right spot at the right time. It helps when there's drinks involved

FORT Newbie

Ok. I guess the timing of it all just doesn't make sense. You said there was an elimination yesterday (Monday), but you met and/or talked to the casting director and Leah and Jamie over the weekend. So, how could you have heard about what happened on Monday sometime between Friday and Sunday? I'm just sayin' are you still talking to these people?

ANTMAddict!

let's get this straight.

Saturday I met the casting guy out at the club. He said he worked for bravo and was working on Top Secret show. I guessed Top Chef (since I watch it) and he eventually cracked. I asked him about my faves (ariane and carla ) and we talked about who was still in competition and what they are doing here. he never really confirmed to me who was the top, but if I were to go on what I felt he was trying to say, then Carla, Stefan, and two other guys are top 4. Jamie was just eliminated so she's top 5. Leah is a decoy - which makes Jamie one too as of now.

Sunday night he came back out but this time with Jamie and Leah and some others workers from the show. He said that there was going to be an elimination on Monday and that it was not looking good for Carla.

So, if that is the case, Monday Carla was eliminated.

Do you get the time frame now?

I am trying to keep my identity on the low as I do not know if they read this forum!! I befriended them and I don't want to get them in trouble.

I do have the casting director's info and we are now friends on myspace. I can prove this all through PM if need be

okay this didn't make sense.....at all!

How could they still be filming this show if they began in NYC in the summertime? This is now the middle of January! Shouldn't they have already completed everything already? I am just confused that this show would take six months to shoot. I would have thought it would be all done by say September or October, somewhere around there. And it premiered on Bravo in mid-November.

Okay so I went back and re-read upthread, where it does state that filming was done in July and August. New Orleans was suggested as a possible site for S5, but filming there in the summertime (hurricane season) could be problematic. So maybe they could film S6 in New Orleans in the wintertime (like NOW!)

Soooo, maybe what you actually saw over the weekend was the filming of S6 in New Orleans and Jamie, Leah, and even Carla were on hand just for the heck of it. Or they could have been called back for an episode of S6, much like Hung will be on the show tomorrow night.

I also think anyone privvy to any of these kind of shows would know better than to talk to locals about inside info. He/she could have just been egging you on since he or she could tell you were so into the program.

JMO, and I guess time will tell what was really going on in New Orleans last weekend.

ANTMAddict!

maybe they were egging me on. But it doesn't make any sense as to why Jamie and Leah were there.

I do remember Jamie saying something about shooting being over in November and that she hasn't been home since.

So - maybe a certain number of decoys have been traveling with the crew since then. And maybe they had to wait until this week to finish filming - perhaps John Besche or Emeril will be a part of the finale. We'll see.

But I know they are here filming - that's a fact!! And that Jamie and Leah are not Top 4 according to the casting director I met.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast