+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I also don't like the language that's being used in the kitchen. I can understand a slip now and then. But this is ridiculous! It's just not necessary. I don't understand people who can't express themselves without cursing every other word. They must have extremely poor verbal skills.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bullymom;2843685;
    My son is a chef and he swears a lot more now than Pre-kitchen! I ave to say that we all ove Top Chef and my sons has met a lot of the cheftestants.

He feels, and I totally agree, that the not here to make friends is a cover for something else. Nimma seemd too insecure and I believe she did not join the others on the deck because of the alcohol in use. I am sure her Father would not approve.

The good Chefs are absolutely passionate about the food. It is a level that most people don't get. I didn't truly grasp it until my son announced that instead of being an orthodontist owning a restaurant with a lot of stars, he wanted to do it himself. He is almost OCD about plating and presentation, and the saltiness of Nimma set him off on a cussing jag on the phone after he watched from Dallas. I am in Chicago, so we are having long distance "food fights"!

Bravo is not a netwok channel ruled by Standards and Practices. I think that Andrew will probably be shown using fewer cuss words if Bravo gets a bunch of complaints. But it is the norm...... I too would rather explain that the guy on TV has a potty mouth, rather than explain how someone lied about their experience and then a few years later gets caught and fired. I hold the Food Network partially to blame...do they not check out the resumes? They fired him, but they were lax in not confirming his past.

I like most of this year's "combatants" and look forward to some awesome cooking. Richard is our early pick. I am not sure that Andrew will be around long enough to really do any damage to anyone's ear!
    I am afraid that nothing can be done about Andrew's profanity. Episodes one through twelve have already been filmed and unless Andrew is eliminated during this period you'll just have to hit the 'mute' button on your remote when Andrew comes on.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm anxiously awaiting Wednesday night. I love this show. I love everything about it, except Gail. She just bugs me nuts. As my son would say.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2866801;
    I'm anxiously awaiting Wednesday night. I love this show. I love everything about it, except Gail. She just bugs me nuts. As my son would say.
    She always looks like she is sucking on lemons to me.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789