+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What changes would you make on Top Chef?

Re: What changes would you make on Top Chef?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2610128;
    They should especially do that for the challenges that form a team, where one team member having immunity always becomes an issue.
    That's a really good point -- Casey teaming up with Howie and Joey when she had immunity is a perfect example of why it's wrong to let it happen. In team challenges, everyone should be playing for the same stakes.

Also, I think they have too many team challenges overall. Granted it must be hard to come up good challenges all the time, but the judging gets to be too predictable on team challenges: The leader of the losing team didn't take control, and someone on the team coasted and didn't contribute. Usually these two people didn't like each other too much anyway. The chefs change, but the dynamic is fairly consistent.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;2576963;
    YES!!!!!

and I really dislike Gail so they should kick her off

can we do a petition online for them to get rid of her, I dont know who actually likes her?
    I do

I think Gail's OK too.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2610844;
    I think Gail's OK too.
    Me, three.

But I'd love more Ted. Let's get rid of Padma and have Ted host!

I'd like to see no eliminations the first week. That would give the viewers a chance to get to know the chefs. Then I'd have the first 2 weeks' results count as who gets booted first.

Getting rid of Gail is a great idea. She gets on my last nerve. Did you notice she's the only one who gets uncooked meat? That woman has issues.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2573262;
    I find this show almost flawless. The one change I would make is to extend it to 90 minutes....
    Last season I thought Bravo did REALLY bad job editing the show - so much so the viewers really didn't get the full scoop behind the chefs' meals. They seem to have fixed the problem this season - thank goodness!!!

Now it is nearly flawless.

I also agree with the idea of a 90-minute show. I'd like to know more about the dishes and more about judges table. Other thoughts:

keep:
    Restaurant wars: the chef sets the tone of a restaurant - from design to staff to service. It's som critical to the idea of a Top Chef I think it is an important step in the process.

Gail: but only part-time. She never seems to have an original thought, yet she seems too nice to boot!

Guest judges in the kitchen: I LOVED how the celebrity judges actively participated this season. I'd like to see more of that.

Quickfire challenges: I like all of them just the way they are

Change
    I'm not good enough in the kitchen to come up with a single creative suggestion, and despite the superior talent of ll the contestants, the food has to be interesting and I think it will be nearly impossible using traditionl foods and cooking technices to keep the food interesting.

I think they need to devise a plan to resolve this or the audience will lose interest.

Watch out for
    Too much Bourdain. I'll stop watching if he gets added to the show permantnely (I'd take Rocco over Bourdain any day)

FORT Regular

I just Top Chef would not eliminate a contestant on the first episode.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Sadly I think I am the only person here that would love to see Padma gone. I always find her to be very remmoved.. and full of her self. So she has some cook books, and is rather good looking. I never see what she really has to offer a professional Chef in way of cooking. We ALL know what we like and dont like as far as food goes, what makes her so diffrent than anyone else they can have hosting. I can agree with having ted as host.. he comes across for more knowing in the ways of a kitcen than Padma and has a personality thas beyond 2-D.

Gail can be forgotten as well... ever since her chicken being raw face last season shes rubbed me the wrong way. Just because soem chicken is pink doesnt mean that it is always undercooked or raw. Chicken cooked on the bone tends to be pinker.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I agree that they shouldn't eliminate anyone on the first show. I would also like to see less or none at all appearances by Anthony Bourdain, I just don't like this guy. I could care less if they keep Gail or not, I never really pay any attention to her.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;2846151;
    I agree that they shouldn't eliminate anyone on the first show. I would also like to see less or none at all appearances by Anthony Bourdain, I just don't like this guy. I could care less if they keep Gail or not, I never really pay any attention to her.
    Oh, but I love Bourdain! His show on Travel Channel is excellent! His critiques on the chefs may be harsh, but they also usually hit the nail on the head, and some have the literary quality of beat poetry.

But I have the same feelings that you do about Gail. She seems like the girl in school who always speaks up in class hoping that someone will like her. They should just let Ted Allen have her chair full time.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread