+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2539023;
    Brian was certainly a prime candidate to go home, but I was didn't understand why Dale was there.
    I don't think either one of them should have even been a candidate. This show is about COOKING, not waiting tables or hostessing, etc. Many of the Chefs stay in the kitchen because that is where they are comfortable and what they know. I think it's stupid to even bring in the decor, the inability to handle the FOH when they are there to COOK! Many of the cooks/chefs I work with tell me they could never wait tables like I do, and I tell them I couldn't cook like they do- we just aren't trained to do both, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2539539;
    I don't think either one of them should have even been a candidate. This show is about COOKING, not waiting tables or hostessing, etc. Many of the Chefs stay in the kitchen because that is where they are comfortable and what they know. I think it's stupid to even bring in the decor, the inability to handle the FOH when they are there to COOK! Many of the cooks/chefs I work with tell me they could never wait tables like I do, and I tell them I couldn't cook like they do- we just aren't trained to do both, usually.
    I think this challenge forces the chefs to see that there is more to opening a restaurant of their own than just cooking. The decision to hire or not hire professionals to design your restaurant depends on your finances and talent in this area. As we saw with the Garage, poor choices of color and smell in the decor can affect the enjoyment of the food and therefore the success of your eating establishment. As the owner and chef EVERYTHING is a reflection of you.

Dale and Brian weren't waiters and they volunteered to be out front. It is my understanding that they were there to discuss the dishes and add to what was hopefully a pleasant dining experience through conversation and making sure everything ran smoothly in the dining room. Chefs should know how to handle customers.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2539761;
    I think this challenge forces the chefs to see that there is more to opening a restaurant of their own than just cooking. The decision to hire or not hire professionals to design your restaurant depends on your finances and talent in this area. As we saw with the Garage, poor choices of color and smell in the decor can affect the enjoyment of the food and therefore the success of your eating establishment. As the owner and chef EVERYTHING is a reflection of you.

Dale and Brian weren't waiters and they volunteered to be out front. It is my understanding that they were there to discuss the dishes and add to what was hopefully a pleasant dining experience through conversation and making sure everything ran smoothly in the dining room. Chefs should know how to handle customers.
    According to Dale he has eight years experience in waiting on tables which was why he did so well as FOH.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2539778;
    According to Dale he has eight years experience in waiting on tables which was why he did so well as FOH.
    I thought he said he only did it for a short time, but when I said they weren't waiters, I meant that FOH is different than waiting tables. For someone that was a waiter for 8 years, Dale was obnoxious to and about the serving staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678