+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 - show discussion - 3 season reunion

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Re: 7/25 - show discussion - 3 season reunion

I too was surprised we had a reunion show. Previews last week showed more competition. I wonder if something happened to one of the remaining cooks and they had to come up with something quick. Either that or they could get more advertizing money because of the Emmy nominations and decided to put in this reunion show for fun. It was fun. I also liked the spoof on the judges table.

I know that Bravo likes to time their shows so that one ends on the same night/week that another premieres. Maybe they discovered that they needed to pad Top Chef an extra week to coincide with Project Runway's debut, so they threw this show together in a hurry.

Favorite throwaway moment: Hung gets asked 'Girlfriend? Boyfriend?' and he says "Sure either way, I'm open, what the hell!"
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2491959;
    I know that Bravo likes to time their shows so that one ends on the same night/week that another premieres. Maybe they discovered that they needed to pad Top Chef an extra week to coincide with Project Runway's debut, so they threw this show together in a hurry.

Favorite throwaway moment: Hung gets asked 'Girlfriend? Boyfriend?' and he says "Sure either way, I'm open, what the hell!"
    I thought that too... about trying to make it coincide with Project Runway, but I actually kind of liked the reunion and that part with Hung was really funny!

I also loved Ted Allen explaining about the "bear" community! Priceless!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2490904;
    I must have missed something - when did Padma and Sam become an item?

Ilan being jealous of Sam is wasted energy. Sam's a hottie, Ilan, and you're not. Get over it already.

Thanks for all the updates everyone!
    I believe that Padma prefers older men like Anthony Bourdain. Ilan jealous of Sam? Whatever happened to Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2490317;
    When asked about her background, Micah said "I'm half African and half American, so I'm an African American. I'm a pale-skinned African American," and the camera zoomed in on frowning Cliff.

Priceless moments.
    That last one debatably showed Cliff as an idiot more than her, since she's got more claim to using the label "African" than he does. Before the P.C. police came along, people used to hyphenate nationalities based on where your parents were from. If her parents were from Africa and America, she is indeed an African-American. And most of the world would agree with that, its only here in America that this would generate some kind of problem/offense.

I did notice that she only added the "pale-skinned" part after the initial reaction. It seemed to be an attempt to turn the thing into a joke, after she noticed Cliff glaring at her like she was an axe murderer.

The clip on Padma and her hot wardrobe was pretty funny...especially her off-the-cuff comment she made about the missing spatula. Very funny.
    While she's constantly being railed on like she's some kind of diva/"ho", I think at least in what we've gotten to see she usually seems to have a sense of humor. So I can't totally be against her.

We all got to see Harold's restaurent, Perilla. He even has a website but it is only one page. Need some content for goodness sake, hours, address, directions and a MENU.
    If its in New York City, chances are there wouldn't be directions anyway, although yes, an address is crucial. But at least at this moment there IS an address on that page. Its 9 Jones Street, which is in Greenwich Village--right near the fairly well known West 4th St. and Bleecker Street intersection. At most, I might add subway information (its going to be the F train and the W 4 Street - Washington Sq stop, then about 90 seconds of walking.

Harold's email address is even up there. He's very accessible--he's got a public MySpace page too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Finally watched it (what I had other things to watch rather than a filler show!! LOL)

What a bunch of over-indulgent lameness! Micah? Is an idiot. What the hell. What is up with her affected airs? African American my butt. Loved the looks that Clay and Mikie would get whenever she said something stupid. She's trying too hard to pretend to be some sort of rich snob. Whatever, she's still white trash all the way.

Sam....shaved his beautiful head of hair.....but hes still so effortlessly cool.

Love Howie and Leah.... they are my favorites of all three seasons.

Mikie is just funny... he's such a pot head (or at least seems that way, no idea if he really is but he's got that DUDE thing down pat).

Cliff....way to throw away your chance but at least he was rather graceful about it (he should couch Micah on the ins and outs of grace).

Got the distinct feeling that the contestants for the most part don't like Padma... it was in the looks they got on their faces whenever she was mentioned or she spoke. Did love the Padma clips, never thought she was all that pretty till I saw some of those. Wow, she really is and the spatula comment was priceless as was her deadpan delivery.

What the heck was Ilan wearing? Sheesh, the pants were so high water that I could see his hairy knees! NASTY.

Who was that girl sitting next to the mohawk chick? Funny how I can't remember most of the season three names... anyways she is beautiful.

Interesting that they said that Trey and Hung will be in the finals, curious if that will happen.

Over all it was a waste of time, I wonder why they needed a filler week?

Who was that girl sitting next to the mohawk chick? Funny how I can't remember most of the season three names... anyways she is beautiful.
    That was Lia. She is adorable. I would've preferred Casey left last week.

I got the impression Sam was bored and could've cared less to be there. I actually liked Clay alot during the reunion. I think he was too nervous on the show. And Sandy looks like she's lost weight.

But the S2 mock judge table was the highlight of the show. "And why did your beef taste like... beef?"

I have a question about the chef audition videos...
    Who is the guy dressed as a superhero chopping really fast? It's pretty funny.

I love these, by the way. Another great part of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2494211;
    And Sandee looks like she's lost weight.
    Maybe she did, but did you see Lee Anne???

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar

Love Howie and Leah.... they are my favorites of all three seasons.
    Did you, perhaps, mean Harold and Lee Anne (season 1)? Howie wasn't there. Lia (season 3) was, but I don't think that's who you're referring to.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast